Monophonic Analog Rack/Tabletop Synthesizer
Product Code 66543
Buy Today and Save $230.00 (26% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Moog Music is incredibly honored that The Slim Phatty received the TEC Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement - Musical Instrument - Technology/Hardware.
Based on the powerful Little Phatty sound engine, the Slim Phatty is the latest descendant of the iconic Minimoog Model D and features the classic Moog Ladder Filter, the touchstone of analog sound design.
In addition to shaping the sound of its on-board oscillators, the Slim Phatty's filter is a valuable production tool that can be used to process external audio, sweetening your favorite audio source with everything from smooth analog warmth through wet, resonant filter sweeps.
The Slim Phatty's convenient size makes it an ideal voice expander for your existing gear, with two oscillators of massive Moog sound that are always just a MIDI cable away. A new Tuning Scale feature and editor allows easy exploration of alternate scales and tunings. Microtonal, just intonation, quarter-tone, world music scales and more make the Slim Phatty an international traveler. Good thing it has a universal power supply!
In addition to the world of MIDI and USB gear, the Slim Phatty's Control Voltage inputs give it unlimited realms of expression and sound design possibilities. "Modular synth" style patching with Moogerfooger effects processors, the CP-251 Control Voltage Processor and other Moog synths (even The Moog Guitar!) creates soundscapes previously available only on large modular systems. Connecting to the Etherwave Plus Control Voltage Theremin or the MP-201 Multi-Pedal adds unique and intuitive new modes of expression.
- Arpeggiator: synchronize to internal clock, LFO or external clock
- MIDI Clock Sync: synchronize arpeggiator and LFO tempos to external synths, drum machines, software and more.
- Tap Tempo: synchronize arpegiator and LFO to live music.
- Pot Mapping: reprogram panel knobs to control any Slim Phatty parameter.
- Sound Engine: Monophonic, 100% Analog signal path
- Oscillators - 2 ultra-stable analog VCOs.
- Oscillator parameters: Osc. 1 Octave: 16', 8', 4', 2'
- Osc. 1 Wave: Continuously variable from triangle through saw and square to narrow pulse.
- Osc. 1 Level
- Glide Rate: Osc. 1 to 2 Sync On/Off
- Osc. 2 Frequency
- Osc. 2 Octave: 16', 8', 4', 2'
- Osc. 2 Wave: Continuously variable from triangle through saw and square to narrow pulse.
- Osc. 2 Level
- Fine Tune (Global)
- Octave Up/Down (Global)
- Filter - Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter: 24 dB /Oct Moog Ladder filter with overload.
- Filter parameters: Cutoff, Resonance
- Kb. Control Amount
- Filter Env. Amount
- Overload: Envelope Generators - 2 ADSR EGRs assigned to filter cutoff frequency and volume.
- EGR parameters: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- Modulation Parameters LFO Rate
- Mod Source: LFO triangle, LFO square, LFO sawtooth, LFO ramp, Filt. EGR or Sample and Hold, and Osc. 2 or Noise
- Mod Amount: amount of modulation w/ the mod wheel all the way forward
- Mod Destination: Pitch, Osc. 2, Filter, Wave
- AC In
- Power On/Off
- Audio Out
- Ext. Audio In: accepts +4dBu line level signal
- Pitch CV In (1 V/Oct)
- Filter CV In
- Volume CV In
- Keyboard Gate In
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- MIDI Thru
- USB: MIDI-over-USB
- Headphone Out
- Power: 100-250VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions: 17"W x 4 9/16"H x 5 5/16"D
- Weight: 5.75 Lbs
Description$849.00 Add to cart
Desktop, multitimbral, four-voice, analog synthesizer
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Desktop Synthesizer Module
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser
Description$199.00 Add to cart
Voltage Control Virtual Instrument Plug-In
Description$179.95 Add to cart
5 pin MIDI, USB MIDI, Mac, PC and iOS Device Interface
Description$44.95 Add to cart
Universal Polarity Expression Pedal
Description$34.95 Add to cart
Rack Ears for Slim Phatty
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)