THE BILLY SHEEHAN SIGNATURE DRIVE PEDAL IS DEVELOPED BY EBS IN CLOSE CO-OPERATION WITH BILLY HIMSELF. IT IS BASED ON THE CONCEPT OF MIXING TOGETHER A CLEAN SIGNAL WITH A DISTORTED TO BE ABLE TO PRESERVE LOW FREQUENCIES AND FIND BALANCE BETWEEN DISTORTION AND DEFINITION.
Built-in Compressor. The option to add compression make possible to keep the note differentiation clearly audible even at heavily distorted sounds. There are three modes for the built-in compressor, High, Mid and Off. For the Mid setting, there's an additional trim pot inside to set the ratio. There's also a trim pot to set the Threshold for the compressor (affect both settings).
Clean Loop, Drive Loop - Endless possibilities! The Billy Sheehan Signature Drive offers unlimited pre-post mix tone shaping, made possible by including a clean loop and a drive loop. It lets the user insert any other effect they wish within each loop to 'pimp' the effect into your own signature effect! For example, connect an external EQ to the Drive Loop and shape the character of the distortion any way you want. Or, turn off the built-in compressor if you prefer to use a different type of compressor and put in the Clean Loop. To use the loop function, you need an additional insert cable (a stereo 1/4" plug that split in a tip and ring female or male 1/4" mono plug).
Controls. With the new extended size box from EBS, there are controls for Drive (gain for the overdrive engine), Tone (sets the frequency scoop for the drive), Level (sets level for drive channel post Drive Loop and pre final compressor) and Clean (sets level for the clean channel, post Clean Loop and pre final compressor). The concept works similar to when you blend the two channels on the preamp of a Fafner II amp.
Said about the EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive:
"After a few months of being an owner of the EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Distortion I have to say that it is the best product from EBS ever. Absolutely unbelievable! It is the first distortion pedal for bass guitar ever that actually sounds, feels and compresses like a tube amp!"
Victor Broden - Nashville session bass player, producer ans Columnist at Premier Guitar Magazine
- Drive, Tone, Level and Clean controls.
- Three Compressor Modes - High, Mid, Off
- Clean Loop and Drive Loop (connect an insert cable for send and return).
- Type: Analog Effect, Mechanical Switching
- 9V DC (Battery or Power Supply)
- Advanced Options: By removing the bottom plate you get access to fine tuning trimmers to adjust Threshold level of compressor, affect both MID and HIGH setting, (THR.) and the
- Ratio level of Compression when mode switch is set to MID (COMP).
- Optional (not included): EBS AD-9 Power Supply
- Nominal Input Level - 8 dBv
- Input Impedance: 700 kohms
- Gain Range: Drive: 20 - 40 dB
- Tone Filter: Range: 175 - 4500 Hz
- Q: 0.6
- Nominal Loop Level : -8 dB
- Output Impedance: Loops: 2 kohms
- Input Impedance: Loops
- 47 kohms
- Mix Level Drive Channel +3 dB max
- Clean Channel +6 dB max
- Compressor: Ratio: 5:1 (max)
- Threshold -25 +6 dB
- Attack Time (80%): < 10 ms
- Release Time (80%) 100 ms typ
- Makeup gain: 0, +3, +6 dB
- Output Impedance: < 100 ohms
- Dimensions: W x H x D: 3.5" x 4.5" x 1.4" (90 x 115 x 35 mm)
- Weight: 480g (1.07 lb.)
- Type Analog Effect, Mechanical Switching
- Power Requirements: 9 - 12 V DC Regulated, 15 mA max*
Description$799.99 Add to cart
1000 Watt Rackmount Bass Amp Head
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Bass DI with Scrambler Overdrive Pedal
Description$169.99 Add to cart
Looper Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$159.95 Add to cart
Triple Envelope Filter Pedal
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$19.95 Add to cart
Adjustable Guitar Stand
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable