The JBL VRX918SP Subwoofer is designed and built to the same high standards and uses the same advanced, concert-proven drivers as their VerTec series. It's a flyable speaker that delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, of course, stunning JBL sound in an attractive, easy to handle and affordable package. The JBL VRX918SP will fit perfectly in medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other professional facilities. For compact power, the VRX918SP subwoofer delivers.
The suspendable VRX918SP subwoofer system contains a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, and an 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. It was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918SP subwoofers.
This JBL speaker system offers complete input connection flexibility, for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked applications, it is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The VRX918SP subwoofer's enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish, and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection, and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts, which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- Built-in JBL Drivepack® DPC-2 amplifier module designed by Crown provides 1500 Watts of peak Power. DSP based resident input module provides system optimization, EQ and crossover functionality.
- 18 inch, 2268FF dual voice coil, neodymium magnet Differential Drive® woofer for high-power capacity and light weight.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame.
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting.
- Large port area for reduced distortion.
- Power Rating: 1500 Watts Peak
- LF: Dual-Bridged Technology™, Class D
- Frequency Range: 31 Hz – 220 Hz
- Dimension: (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in
- Frequency Response: 34 Hz – 220 Hz
- Maximum Peak Output: 126 dB SPL at 1m
- Bandpass Nominal Impedance: LF: 2 x 2 ohms
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268FF 457 mm (18 in) dual voice coil
- Differential Drive® woofer with neodymium-magnet
- Audio Input Connector: XLR with loop through
- User Controls: Input Attenuator (0-16 dB)
Selectable 80 Hz or 120 Hz Low Pass
80 Hz High-Pass enable/disable for XLR loop thru.
- Signal Processing: DSP based, resident in Input Module
- System Management: DSP based limiters for mechanical and thermal protection
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-132 VAC or 216-264 VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Line Voltage: User selectable: 120V/240V (-15%, +10%)
- AC Input Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPA)
- AC Loop Through Connector: Neutrik PowerCon (NAC 3MPB)
- AC Current Requirements: 6A per system at 120V, 3A per system at 240V
- Enclosure: 18 mm birch plywood.
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line-array frame kit or 10 mm forged eyebolts
- Finish: Black DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with
acoustically transparent foam
- Net Weight: 38.5 kg (85 lb)
- Optional Accessories: VRX-AF array frame
SRX718S-CVR: Pull-over padded cover (works with WK-4S)
SS4-BK adjustable satellite speaker pole WK-4S Caster kit
Description$3,199.00 Add to cart
32 Input Digital Mixer w/ 4 FX Processors
Description$1,999.00 Add to cart
2100w Per Channel @ 4 ohms Power Amplifier
Description$369.99 Add to cart
Rolling Padded Sub Transporter for JBL VRX918S Stage Monitor
Description$129.95 Add to cart
100 foot Speaker Cable, 12 Gauge 1/4 inch to Speakon
Description$64.95 Add to cart
50 foot Speaker Cable, 14 Gauge Speakon to Speakon
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)