The Mackie DL1608 redefines live mixing by combining the proven power of a full-featured digital mixer with the unmatched ease and mobility of an iPad. With 16 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps, and the performance of 24bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters, you're guaranteed professional quality sound. Seamless wired to wireless iPad control means you can mix from anywhere in the venue. This gives you the mobile freedom to control not only the mix, but also powerful plug-ins like EQ, dynamics, effects and more. The sleek DL1608 even supports up to 10 iPad devices. Forget bulky consoles and racks of gear. The power is at your fingertips.
With DL Series mixers featuring the Apple Lightning connector, users can now dock their iPad (4th generation) without an adapter and use it for playback and recording. Only the connector type is different. Everything else is identical to a DL mixer with a 30-pin connector.
Control The Mix From Anywhere
With the Mackie DL1608's seamless wired to wireless mixing capabilities, you can mix in real time from anywhere in the venue on your iPad. Instantly adjust mix functions from tuning front of house trouble spots to ringing out stage monitors.
*An additional Wi-Fi router is required and must be connected to the DL1608. The iPad must be within range of the Wi-Fi router to enable wireless mixing functionality. Wi-Fi router not included
Get In Touch With Your Mix
Designed specifically for the iPad, the DL1608's Master Fader app brings groundbreaking DAW mixing features and functionality to the live environment. With this intuitive breakthrough app, you can create mix snapshots, channel presets and even record stereo tracks straight to your iPad. Plus, with "Grow and Glow" giving you visual indication of the function you're controlling, you can be assured that you're always in control.
Proven Hardware That Sounds Great
By combining 16 of Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps with the performance of 24bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters, the Mackie DL1608 delivers remarkable sound quality. Add to that eight balanced outputs, and you have a mixer that not only provides incredible dynamic range, fidelity and transparency, but also great versatility and outstanding value.
Tons of Built-in Processing
The DL1608 is loaded with a choice of powerful plug-ins on every channel, so you won't need to set up additional racks of outboard gear. With just the touch of a finger, you have total control over 4-band EQ, compression and gate plug-ins. Plus, sweeten your sound with a full-featured reverb and tap delay or adjust your mix to the room with the 31-band graphic EQ and limiter on the main and aux outs.
Total Snapshot Recall
The Mackie DL1608 allows you to recall mix functions with just the touch of a finger. With Total Snapshot Recall, you can now easily save and access sound check settings for multiple bands, complex song mixes, previous mixes from challenging venues, recall scenes for theater productions and more. You can even pre-set the mixing board and be ready to go the moment you arrive. Note that mic pre-amp gains are not recallable.
Quickly set up a new mix with the DL1608's Channel Presets. With simple touch screen control, you can immediately assign a factory or your own custom channel preset for kick drum, bass, guitar, keyboard and more to any channel you choose. And when you've made the perfect settings, easily save them for later use and share them with your friends.
Multiple iPad Support
Supporting up to 10 iPad devices simultaneously, the Mackie DL1608 allows multiple engineers to control the mix. Plus, it gives band members the ability to adjust their own monitors. Now, the band can dial in the mix they want to hear in real time right on stage.
No more need to search for a marker to scribble down channel ID's on a strip of tape, with the app you can use your iPad camera to snap quick pics of the band members or of their gear, for a completely customized channel ID. Channel images is by far one of the coolest ways to identify tracks when mixing live.
The sleek and low profile 16-channel Mackie DL1608 is rooted in design innovation. Its powerfully small format destroys the industry's notion that "bigger is better" by allowing modern technology to eliminate the need for bulky boards and racks of gear.
The Mackie DL1608 is perfect for installing in venues. With its easy to use Master Fader iPad application, it has never been easier to train up new sound engineers. The powerfully small, low profile design lets you install it just about anywhere.
- Control the mix in real time from anywhere in the venue on your iPad
- Instantly adjust mix functions from tuning front of house trouble spots to ringing out stage monitors
- Loaded with 16 studio-quality Mackie Onyx mic preamps with 12 XLR and four combo mic/line inputs, connecting mics and instruments is quick and easy
- High-end 24bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters offer a remarkable 114dB dynamic range provide the most headroom and lowest noise possible
- Powerful 4-band EQ, compression, gate, reverb and tap delay plug-ins on every channel, so you won't need to set up additional racks of outboard gear
- 31-Band graphic EQ and limiter on the main and aux outs
- Support for up to 10 iPad devices simultaneously, allows multiple engineers to control the mix
- Gives band members the ability to adjust their own monitors
- Total snapshot recall allows you to recall mix functions with just the touch of a finger
- Channel presets immediately assign a factory or your own custom channel preset for kick drum, bass, guitar, keyboard and more
- Record your mix from the L/R stereo outputs directly to your iPad
- Channel images allow you to easily identify assigned channels with pictures of band members or their gear
- Powerfully small, low profile design lets you install it just about anywhere
- The PadLock feature locks down your iPad for permanent installs, while the Kensington lock secures the mixer to guard it from theft
Proven Hardware That Sounds Great
- 16 Onyx mic preamps
- High-end Cirrus Logic® converters
- Ultra low-noise, high-headroom design
- 6 aux sends for monitor mixes
- Master L/R output for mains
Tons of Built-In Processing
- Choice of powerful, touch-sensitive plug-ins
- 4-band EQ, gate and compression on inputs
- 31-band GEQ and comp/limiter on outputs
- Global reverb and delay
- Seamless wired to wireless mixing
- Tune the room from anywhere
- Get on stage to ring out monitors
- Personal monitor mixing with access control ability
- Use up to 10 wireless devices simultaneously
Total Control from Your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Intuitive Master Fader™ app for all iPad models
- My Fader™ app for quick control from iPhone or iPod touch
- "Grow and Glow" visual feedback
- Preset and snapshot recall
- Record the mix to the iPad for instant sharing
- Integrate music from any app into the mix
Install Friendly Features
- PadLock™ feature locks down iPad for permanent installs
- Industry standard Kensington lock secures mixer
- Compact footprint saves precious workspace
- 15.5″ x 11.5″ x 3.9″
- 7.9 lbs / 3.6 kg
- Lightning Connector
Wi-Fi router required for wireless operation. Wi-Fi router and iPad, iPhone or iPod touch not included.
Master Fader available free on the App Store. iOS 8.0 or later required for operation.
Wireless Compatibility – DL Series mixers are compatible with the iPad Pro, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 4, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPod touch (5th generation)
Docked Compatibility – DL1608 allows docked operation out of the box with iPad (4th generation). With an optional tray kit, DL1608 also allows docked operation with the iPad Air 2®. iPad Air®, iPad mini 4®, iPad mini 3®, iPad mini 2® and iPad mini®.
Description$999.99 Add to cart
All-In-One Professional PA System
Description$799.99 Add to cart
1000 Watt Active Loudspeaker System
Description$599.99 Add to cart
12-inch 1600-Watt HiDef Powered Speaker
Description$349.99 Add to cart
Complete Loudspeaker Management System
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Waterproof Mackie DL1608 Mixer Case
Description$99.99 Add to cart
Rackmount Bracket for DL1608 & DL806
Description$79.99 Add to cart
Carry Bag for DL1608 Mixer
Description$22.95 Add to cart
Cover for Mackie DL1608 iPad Mixer