Sing or Scream! The EBS ValveDrive DI tube preamp/overdrive pedal can make your bass either glow or growl, whether you want your instrument to sing or scream. The EBS Valve Drive DI delivers everything, from classic tube warmth to hard and pure tube distortion. It is a classic concept with an easy dial-in design.
Use as preamp. With the pedals Gain at modest setting, and the Volume cranked up, the ValveDrive will turn your solid-state amp into a nice warm tube amp. It will turn any dry solid state tone into full-bodied, warm and beefy tone with a nice presence of tube compression.
Use as a distortion/overdrive. Simply turn up the Gain more and the Valve Drive DI create a nice overdrive/distortion. Switch between Vintage or Normal character, and use the knobs to dial in your sound. Remember that the 'flat' setting on the Valve Drive is when Bass and Treble is turned all the way down, and Mid at center position.
New outputs for extended use. The main new benefit with the EBS ValveDrive DI is the XLR-output, offering a balanced floating signal that allows you to plug the pedal straight into the mixing console in the studio or at the gig. Add to that, the former standard passive output has turned into a low-impedance output so you can use the ValveDrive DI as a stand-alone preamp with an external power amp to give you the pure ValveDrive tone right out of your speakers.
New powering technique. There are plenty of pedals with a tube in it, but few deliver the warm fat tone of a tube amp. The original EBS ValveDrive was powered by a 12V AC power supply converted to high voltage inside to give the tube the push it needs to deliver real tube distortion. EBS has developed the ValveDrive DI to do the same using a 9V DC power supply. The benefit is a pedal much more compatible with standard power supplies.
The tube. The EBS ValveDrive DI is equipped with a superior quality tube.
Included accessories. The EBS ValveDrive DI comes with a 9V DC power included.
MPN: Valve Drive-DI
- Preserve the low range
- Suitable for live and studio use
- Analog Signal Processing
- Use as preamp or overdrive pedal
- Vintage or modern tube sound
- Balanced floating XLR-output. NEW!
- Low-impedance 1/4" output. NEW!
- 60 dB Ultra High Gain Distortion
- -10 dB Pad.
- Classic style passive filters control
- Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass & Gain.
- Class A tube overdrive pedal.
- All musical high-grade tube design.
- Designed for best bass response.
- True bypass.
- Included: EBS 9V DC Power Supply
- True Bypass: Yes
- Nominal Input Level: - 10 dBv
- Pad Attentuation: 10 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 Mohms
- Frequency Response: +0 / -3 dB 35 - 20k Hz
- Gain Range: -oo/+26 dB
- Bass Filter Range: 0-15 dB < 80 Hz, Bell
- Middle Filter Range: 0-12 dB @ 400 Hz, Notch
- Treble Filter Range: 0-6 dB @ 5 kHz, Shelving
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Nominal Output Level: Unbalanced: -10 dBv
- Balanced: -20 dBv
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 6.5" x 5.3" x 3.0"
(165 x 135 x 75 mm)
- Weight: 960 g (2.1 lbs.)
- Power Requirements: 9 V DC, 700 mA (power supply included)
Description$799.99 Add to cart
1000 Watt Rackmount Bass Amp Head
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Bass DI with Scrambler Overdrive Pedal
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Triple Envelope Filter Pedal
Description$169.99 Add to cart
Looper Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Tubular Single Guitar Stand
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable