The Hot-Rod Plexi pedal is inspired by vintage amps of the same nickname. While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, this pedal can painlessly transform your existing amp without pulling a muscle or mandatory rig cranking. With the Hot-Rod Plexi, you can completely change the personality of a clean amp or use it as an instant mod to a dirty amp.
In Stock mode, it's as if you have the signal path from the input jack to the speaker jack (without the speaker emulation) of a stock ‘68 Plexi. Hot engages an extra "12AX7" pre-amp gain stage. With its own level control, Hot can kick in up to 28dB of pre-amp boost --a pretty insane amount of gain.
- Portions of our SansAmp technology have been incorporated into the Hot-Rod Plexi to generate organic tube amp distortion characteristics
- Tone is a very musical, specialized low pass filter that cuts the high end without losing mids or getting muddy
- Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- Punch is a wide-band mid-range EQ that gradually changes its bandwidth with the amount of cut or boost.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuator
- 100% analog circuitry.
- Actual size: 3.75" x 4.75" x 2.0"
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Operable with 9V battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2)
Description$319.99 Add to cart
Professional Pedal Management System
Description$169.00 Add to cart
SansAmp Character Series Guitar Pedal
Description$139.99 Add to cart
Power Booster and Buffer Pedal
Description$69.99 Add to cart
10-Feet 10-Plugs Kit for Customization
Description$29.95 Add to cart
20-Ft 1/4 inch Guitar Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$18.95 Add to cart
1 Spot Power Adapter / Supply
Description$12.95 Add to cart
Power Supply for Tech21 Pedals