From the light, singing overdrive of classic rock to raunchy, screaming, ear-shattering distortion, the Dirty Deed was created for complete versatility. The tone is very organic and natural sounding; it's designed to capture the character and responsiveness of a classic overdriven tube amplifier with elements of distortion, fuzz and overdrive combined into a single wide-range pedal. With a turn of the gain knob you can go from the sparkling overdrive of your favorite classic rock songs to a rich, powerful hard rock distortion with amp-like saturation. The distortion is thick and beefy with a sweet spot in the mid-range EQ and a strong bass response, while highly responsive Treble, Bass, Gain and Level controls allow you to dial in your ideal sound whether you're using the Dirty Deed as your sole source of grit or you're adding some extra dirt to an already-overdriven amp.
For maximum flexibility the Dirty Deed incorporates an active EQ for 12dB of treble and bass boost/cut. A pair of MOSFET transistors evoke the tube-like harmonics and lush sustain that only come from dangerously pushed amplifiers. Runs on standard 9v to 18v DC power supplies. At 18v the Dirty Deed enhances overall saturation and compression.
After several years of development, this analog, 100% true bypass distortion pedal is now being released to the public. Designed and assembled in Santa Barbara, California.
- Distortion Circuitry: Discrete MOSFET pair
- Bypass: True bypass
- Gain Control Range: CCW: 30dB +/- 1.5dB; CW: 63dB +/- 1.5dB
- EQ Center Frequencies: Bass 90Hz; Treble 2.1 KHz
- S/N Ratio at minimum gain and maximum level settings: 120dB
- Noise referred to input, 400Hz to 20kHz: 1uV rms
- THD @ 10mVrms input @ 1 KHz with 30dB of gain: 0.12%
- Max Output before Saturation: 2.6Vrms
- Input Impedance: 470K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 2.8K Ohms
- Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V Regulated DC Adapter
- Current Consumption: 6.5 mA Max
- Dimensions: 2.61" x 4.90" x 1.45"
- Weight: 0.8lb.without battery
- Fat Rhythm/Lead Tone: This is a great all-around sound for power chords, arpeggiated rhythm lines and leads alike. Big, fat, and saturated.
- Power Crunch: This tone scoops out more of the mids while bumping the lows and highs for a mean, aggressive sound that's razor sharp
- Open Rhythm Crunch: An incredibly responsive, dynamic, chord sound. Ease up on your picking attack and it's clean, bash it and it will roar like a lion. Rolling off the bass a touch will help keep rhythm chords clean and chiming. Depends upon your specific amp, settings and preferences of course, so experimentation is encouraged!
- Big, Saturated Solo Sustain: This lead tone will sing and cry all day long. The saturation will make it easy to play legato lines but the clarity will let fast picked passages jump right out too. Just about any note you land on will sustain until you tell it to stop. This is a gorgeous solo tone.
Description$189.00 Add to cart
Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$29.99 Add to cart
Boss AC Adaptor
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Folding Instrument Stand - Fits in Case
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.99 Add to cart
15 Foot Instrument Cable
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$14.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable, 1/4 inch Straight to 1/4 inch Right-angle
Description$9.99 Add to cart
Electric Guitar Strings 10-13-17-26-36-46