The Stage-B16 from MOTU is a 16-input stage box and audio interface with DSP, mixing, Wi-Fi control, and studio-quality analog performance. The stage box section with AVB Ethernet "digital snake" connectivity allows for running sixteen microphone signals to front of house, or anywhere in the network over standard Ethernet cabling. For small- to mid-sized applications, the Stage-B16 takes care of all live sound mixing duties, controlled wirelessly from a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
The universally compatible USB audio interface function for Mac and Windows features sixteen studio-grade microphone inputs, with ultra-clean preamps, suitable for use in both a studio or on stage. The individual preamps deliver 117 dB dynamic range and each input is equipped with 63 dB of preamp gain, individual 48V phantom power, and a -20dB pad. Digitally controlled analog preamp gain provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments from web app software running on a laptop, tablet or smartphone, with the ability to save gain settings.
The DSP-equipped 48-input, 12-bus digital mixer with wireless control is identical to the mixer found in the company's 1248 and 16A interfaces. Modeled analog EQ and compression with 32-bit float precision delivers classic EQs based on British analog mixing consoles with each input channel providing a classic compressor with peak/RMS operation. Groups and the main mix bus are equipped with MOTU's Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A optical leveling amplifier, known for its highly sought-after Automatic Gain Control (AGC) characteristics.
The Stage-B16 connects to a computer with audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS) for across-the-board compatibility. Alternately, with a Mac running OS X Yosemite (10.10) or later, a standard Ethernet cable can be used for operation as an audio interface. A Quick Setup menu allows for instantly reconfiguring the unit for many common situations, from operation as a standard audio interface to serving as a network "snake" from one location to another. Once a preset is chosen, the routing grid and mixer settings can be easily customized to suit specific needs, and then saved as custom presets.
- DSP-equipped stage box with AVB Ethernet "digital snake" connectivity, 12-bus digital mixer with wireless control, and universally compatible audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Analog performance up to 192 kHz with the XLR analog outputs delivering 123 dB of dynamic range
- Sixteen microphone inputs, each with individual preamps, 48V phantom power, and -20 dB pad
- Eight XLR analog outputs, four channels of AES/EBU output and 1/4" headphone output
- Digitally controlled analog preamp gain provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments from web app software running on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone, with the ability to save gain settings
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with twelve stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression
- Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in a preferred browser on a laptop, tablet or smartphone connected by wire or
- Wi-Fi to a local area network
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control
- Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, 48-channel mixing and DSP effects from a smartphone or tablet, without a computer
- Mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom using 32-bit floating point processing
- Modeled vintage effects include classic reverb, compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A and EQ modeled after British analog console EQs
- Add a second MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, 112D or Monitor 8) using a simple CAT-5e Ethernet cable
- Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately)
- AVB audio networking allows for building a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point)
- Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network
- Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS)
- Compatible with all audio software
- Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering
Description$395.00 Add to cart
6x6 FireWire/USB2.0 Audio Interface
Description$369.00 Add to cart
World & Ethnic Virtual Instruments
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Dynamic Semi-open Pro Headphones
Description$49.00 Add to cart
Pro Dynamic Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)