The main feature of JBL's Wide-Coverage On-Wall Speaker with Hemispherical Soundfield Technology™ is its patent-pending Wall Reflection Elimination, which removes dips and peaks from primary wall reflection and provides constant directivity coverage. The design includes a wall-facing woofer, two hoziontally splayed tweeters, a wall bracket that spaces the speaker the required distance from the wall, and a tapered cabinet that provides proper loading and dispersion of the sound.
With most on-wall (surface-mount) speakers, the baffle of the speaker is some distance from the wall. It is the nature of low and low-mid frequency sound waves to wrap around the speaker, where they reflect back out from the wall, recombining with the original sound. When this occurs, some frequencies add coherently to the original sound and other frequencies cancel, causing peaks and dips in the resulting frequency response and inconsistencies from location to location within the listening space. By reducing this occurrence, Control HST provides a flatter resulting frequency response along with a more consistent sound character throughout the room. This in turn covers wall-to-wall, reduces the number of speakers required, and reduces installation cost.
- U-bracket: matches loudspeaker color (black or white), zinc-richextra-thick powder coated steel.
- JBL CONTROL-HST Features:
- Splayed Tweeters: Thedual tweeters feature aluminum diaphragms with a CMMD treat, polyurethane surround, a neodymium magnet, and fluid-cooling for high output, low distortion and humidity resistance
- Wall Facing Woofer:The well-damped woofer incorporates a
- CMMD ceramic metal matrix diaphragm fora very high stiffness-to-weight ratio, high output, resistance to humidity and long-term durability.
- Controlled Sound:Engineered noise cancelling allowsControl HST to provide a flatter resulting frequency response along with a more consistent sound character throughout the room.
- JBL CONTROL-HST Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 68 Hz – 18 kHz
- Coverage Pattern:
- 180° H x 160° V (1 kHz – 2 kHz, nominal)
- 160° H x 150° V (ave, 1 kHz – 16 kHz)
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.4 (1 k – 16 kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI): 7.2 dB (1 k – 16 kHz)
- System Power Rating (IEC):
- 100 W (400 W peak), 2 hrs.
- 75 W (300 W peak), 100 hrs.
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 88 dB (Ave. 80 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Maximum SPL:
- Direct 8Ohm: 108 dB (peaks of 114 dB)
- 60 W Tap: 97 dB @ 60W
- Crossover Network: 1.6 kHz, 3rd order (18 dB/oct) high-pass to HF, 2nd order low-pass to LF
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
- 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
- Low Frequency Driver: CMMD™ ceramic metal matrix diaphragm cone, 25 mm (1 in) voice coil.
- High Frequency Drivers: Two splayed tweeters with CMMD-treated aluminum diaphragms, polyurethane surround, polyimide bobbin, neodymium magnet, and fluid-cooling.
- Enclosure: Fiberglass-reinforced ABS
- Attachment: Four M6 points for included U-bracket.
- Additional M6 insert point provided for adding secondary safety attachment cable.
- U-bracket must be utilized. Must be mounted on wall surface.
- Do not mount on pole.
- Grille: Aluminum grille, painted to match cabinet color.
- Input Connection: Removable locking euro-block 4-pin connector with screw-down terminals for bare wire.
- Two pins for input and two pins for parallel loop-thru. Max. wire 12 AWG (2.5 mm).
- Environmental: IP54 per IEC529.
- Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV, and ASTM G85 for salt spray.
- Dimensions: 362 x 256 x 184 mm (14.25 x 10.1 x 7.2in), cabinet
- 208 mm (8.2 in) depth with included bracket.
- Colors: Available in black (RAL9004) and white (-WH,RAL9016)
- Net Weight: 3.6 kgs (8.0 lb), 4.3 kgs (9.5 lb)withU-bracket
Description$519.00 Add to cart
Mountable Speaker System Pair
Description$339.00 Add to cart
12-Input Remote-Controlled Digital Mixer with Wi-Fi Router
Description$266.00 Add to cart
Wide-Coverage Wall Mount Stereo Speaker System - White
Description$109.95 Add to cart
Studio Microphone Cable
Description$29.95 Add to cart
10 Foot Speaker Cable, Neutrik speakON to Same