True Analog 12-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer with 4 FX Engines, 2 OSCs and LFOs per Voice, 3 ADSR Generators, 8-Channel Modulation Matrix, 32-Step Control Sequencer, Tablet Remote Control and Built-In Wifi
A Brief History of Analog Synthesis
he modern synthesizer’s evolution began in 1919, when a Russian physicist named Lev Termen (also known as Léon Theremin) invented one of the first electronic musical instruments – the Theremin. It was a simple oscillator that was played by moving the performer’s hand in the vicinity of the instrument’s antenna. An outstanding example of the Theremin’s use can be heard on the Beach Boys iconic smash hit “Good Vibrations”.
In the late 1930s, French musician Georges Jenny invented what he called the Ondioline, a monophonic electronic keyboard capable of generating a wide range of sounds. The keyboard even allowed the player to produce natural-sounding vibrato by depressing a key and using side-to-side finger movements. You can hear the Ondioline on Del Shannon’s “Runaway”.
Designed by famous piano manufacturer Story & Clark in association with RCA, the Storytone piano debuted at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. Hailed as the world’s first electric piano, the Storytone is prized by musicians and collectors alike for its realistic piano sound – only 500 or so were ever built.
The 1939 World’s Fair was a big year for electronic music with Hammond also introducing the first 72-note polyphonic tube synthesizer, the Novachord. It wasn’t exactly portable, as it weighed nearly 500 lbs (227 kg), and contained 163 vacuum tubes – and more than 1,000 custom designed capacitors.
Finding a high level of acceptance in the 1960s, Harry Chamberlin’s Mellotron was an electro-mechanical keyboard that generated sounds by playing back pre-recorded tape loops. Although tempermental and prone to pitch and mechanical issues, the Mellotron was used extensively by many U.K. artists. Classic tracks from the Moody Blues Days of Future Passed, the Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever”, and the Rolling Stones “She’s a Rainbow” are prime examples.
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 12 true analog voices for insanely fat and authentic sounds
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK
- TEKNIK FX with over 30 algorithms including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay and multi-band Distortion
- 12 voices with 2 OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Full remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac* and selected Android* App over USB, MIDI or built-in WiFi for extended parameter control
- 49 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread and drift parameters featuring up to 12 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Incredible polyphonic portamento with flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user configurable pattern modes
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analog tone
- Global variable 6 dB high pass filter with powerful bass boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches and data value slider for rapid menu parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- Integrated and configurable WiFi client / Access point allows easy and secure connection to home network
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Description$589.00 Add to cart
Standard Etherwave Theremin
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Analog Bass Synth Module
Description$239.00 Add to cart
45-Watt 3-Channel PA System and Keyboard Amplifier with FX and FBQ Feedback Detection
Description$109.00 Add to cart
25 Note Velocity-Sensitive Slim Keyboard Controller w/ Software
Description$89.99 Add to cart
Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps and British EQs
Description$89.99 Add to cart
Four Channel Headphone Amplifier
Description$10.95 Add to cart
2 Meter Dual MIDI Cable, Dual 5-pin DIN to Dual 5-pin DIN