76-Note Stage Piano with Flash Play & 16 GB Memory
Item # 75545
Buy Today and Save $1,500.00 (27% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Introducing the Kurzweil Forte® 7. The most advanced keyboard to ever bear the Kurzweil logo - now in a more portable 76-note, fully-weighted package.
New, hand-selected German and vintage Japanese concert grand pianos, as well as new Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion, all delivered with unprecedented expressiveness and an obsessive attention to detail.
Patented FlashPlay® Technology
Flash-Play® provides the Forte® 7 with a staggering amount of horse-power; 16 GB sample content with zero-loading time, heaping mounds of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
3.3 Gigabytes User Sample Memory
3GB Now load up to 3.3 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep native editing? Look no further. The Forte® now grants full access to Kurzweil's legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the Forte® 7 offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars. In the Forte, KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forte's 128 voices!
(*does not apply to Vox/Farfisa programs)
Powerful FX Engine
Award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more - all fully editable from the user-interface.
K.S.R. - Kurzweil String Resonance
Forte FX Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
76-note Italian Hammer-Action Keyboard
Every sound within the Forte® 7 is perfectly matched to its 76-note fully-weighted Italian hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 16 independent Arps (1 per program, 16 per Multi) and discover the new 'Step Sequencer' environment!
Live Audio Input w/ FX
ForteSE Arps Plug in and jam along with your favorite music player. The 1/8" (3.5mm) Audio Input sports its own dedicated real-time FX. Sweeten your backing tracks for live performance and internally mix the signal with the Forte's own output.
Forte EQ Room too boomy? Need to add some punch? No problem. Dial it in with the Master Compressor & EQ section featuring Bass, Treble and sweepable Midrange.
23 Programmable Physical Controllers
Forte Sliders 9 Sliders (with brilliant LED ladders), 6 Switches, 2 Wheels, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs (which support half-damper for pianos), 2 Continuous Control Pedal Inputs and Aftertouch. (1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Pitch/Modulation wheels along with dedicated -/+ Transpose, Tap Tempo and sound Variation controls conveniently located right on the front panel.
Widescreen Color Display
Navigate the Forte® 7 with a new 4.3” 480x272 widescreen color LCD display.
Sound Selection with 'Surf-n-Select' Navigation
Forte Cat Easy Category and Program/Multi selection featuring customizable category defaults and new 'Surf-n-Select' navigation, allowing you to search for and pre-select your next Program/Multi without interrupting the current selection.
10 "Favorites" buttons conveniently located right below the Forte's display offer immediate access to your most used Programs/Multis. Support for 50 Banks (10 Favorites per bank) provides up to 500 total recallable selections!
- Keyboard: 76 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/40L)
- Display: 480x272 pixel color LCD with front-panel brightness adjust
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forte's 128 voices.
(*does not apply to Vox/Farfisa programs)
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sample Flash Memory: 3.3 GB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory.
- Factory Programs: 322 Stunning factory Programs featuring the all new vintage Japanese and German Grands, new Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion
- User Programs: 3072
- Factory Multis: 186 Factory-crafted Multis - featuring up to 16 independent zones
- User Multis: 3072
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 16 zones)
- Favorites: 500 (50 Banks of 10 Favorites each)
- General MIDI: No
- Kurzweil String Resonance: Yes
- Master EQ/Compressor Section: Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch
- Front-panel single-knob master compressor with separate on/off bypass switch
- Effects: Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- 32 total FX units
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders (w/ LED ladders)
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 tap tempo switch
- 2 transpose switches
- *3 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included)
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- (*supports half-damper for pianos / half-damper pedal sold separately)
- Arpeggiators: 1-per Program, 16-per Multi
- Analog Outputs: • Four (2 pairs) 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Automatic mono switching on both pairs.
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs: One stereo 1/8" back-panel input (with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- Headphones: 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Thru, Out (w/ Thru/Out switch)
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
bComplete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS* devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet
- Height: (5.5") (14cm)
- Depth: (15.6") (39.7cm)
- Length: (43.2") (109.7cm)
- Weight: (41.4 lb.) (18.8 kg)
- Power: Internal Power Supply, free voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 20W max