88-Key Stage Piano
Item # 75546
Buy Today and Save $996.00 (33% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Following the standard of sonic excellence established by the Forte, the Forte SE brings your performance to new heights with its astonishing sound quality, dependability and user-friendly operation.
2GB Hear the new High Definition Japanese Grand (optimized especially for the SE) and German D Grand, featuring "KSR" - Kurzweil String Resonance. Also included are a wide selection of tailored sounds from the acclaimed Forte® (EP, Clav, Celeste, Crotales, Harpsichord), as well as PC3 Series and KORE 64™ expansions - all handcrafted to deliver unprecedented expressiveness with an obsessive attention to detail.
V2.00 adds 256 new Programs plus over 80 new Multis!
Patented FlashPlay® Technology
Flash-Play® powers the Forte® SE with 2 GB of on-board sample content with zero-loading time, loads of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
188 Megabytes User Sample Memory
3GB Now load up to 188 MB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep editing? Look no further. The Forte® SE grants full access to Kurzweil's legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the Forte® SE offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
Powerful FX Engine
Now featuring 32 FX units of horsepower. Enjoy award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more including the new Spectral 4-Tap and Spectral 6-Tap FX - all fully editable from the user-interface.
K.S.R. - Kurzweil String Resonance
Forte FX Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
Forte SE keys Every sound within the Forte® SE is perfectly matched to its 88-note fully-weighted Italian hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
Forte SE Song Mode NEW! Built-in multitrack sequencer with extensive editing tools.
ForteSE Arps Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 8 independent Arps (1 per program, 8 per Multi) and discover the new 'Step Sequencer' environment!
Live Audio Input w/ FX
ForteSE Arps Plug in and jam along with your favorite music player. The 1/8" (3.5mm) Audio Input sports its own dedicated real-time FX. Sweeten your backing tracks for live performance and internally mix the signal with the Forte SE's own output.
Front Panel Master 3-Band EQ
Room too boomy? No problem. Dial it in with the Master EQ section featuring Bass, Treble, a sweepable Midrange and on/off switch.
28 Programmable Physical Controllers
9 Sliders, 11 Switches, 2 Wheels, 2 Switch Pedal Inputs (which support 2 half-damper pedals for pianos, or up to 4 switch pedals), 1 Continuous Control Pedal Input and Aftertouch.
(1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Pitch/Modulation wheels along with dedicated
-/+ Transpose and sound Variation controls conveniently located right on the front panel.
Easy Category and Program/Multi selection. Save your own preset for each Category. New 'Surf-n-Select' navigation allows you to search for and pre-select your next Program/Multi without interrupting the current selection.
Access your Favorite sounds with ONE button press! Conveniently located right below the Forte® SE's display.
Using your Mac/PC or iPad, get deeper into editing your Forte® SE's Programs, Multis and Effects!
- Keyboard: 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/100LR)
- Display: 240x64 pixel monochrome LCD with front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 8 zones)
- Sample Flash Memory: 188 MB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory
- Factory Programs: 512
- User Programs: 1024
- Factory Multis: 182 - featuring up to 8 independent zones
- User Multis: 1024
- Favorites: 10
- General MIDI: No
- Kurzweil String Resonance: Yes
- Master EQ Section: Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch
- Effects: Hundreds of complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
⋅32 total FX units
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 Arp switch
- 2 transpose switches
- *2 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included)
- 1 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- (*supports dual switch and half-damper for pianos / dual & half-damper pedals sold separately)
- Sequencer: 16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution and MMC support. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Arpeggiators: 1-per Program, 8-per Multi
- Analog Outputs: • Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs: One stereo 1/8" back-panel input (with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- Headphones: 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet
- Height: (5.2") (13.2cm)
- Depth: (15.2") (38.6cm)
- Length: (48.9") (124.2cm)
- Weight: (40.8 lb.) (18.5 kg)
- Power: Internal Power Supply, free voltage 100-265VAC 50/60Hz, 10W max