Following the standard of sonic excellence established by the Forte, the Forte SE brings your performance to new heights with its astonishing sound quality, dependability and user-friendly operation.
2GB Hear the new High Definition Japanese Grand (optimized especially for the SE) and German D Grand, featuring "KSR" - Kurzweil String Resonance. Also included are a wide selection of tailored sounds from the acclaimed Forte® (EP, Clav, Celeste, Crotales, Harpsichord), as well as PC3 Series and KORE 64™ expansions - all handcrafted to deliver unprecedented expressiveness with an obsessive attention to detail.
V2.00 adds 256 new Programs plus over 80 new Multis!
Patented FlashPlay® Technology
Flash-Play® powers the Forte® SE with 2 GB of on-board sample content with zero-loading time, loads of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
188 Megabytes User Sample Memory
3GB Now load up to 188 MB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep editing? Look no further. The Forte® SE grants full access to Kurzweil's legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the Forte® SE offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
Powerful FX Engine
Now featuring 32 FX units of horsepower. Enjoy award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more including the new Spectral 4-Tap and Spectral 6-Tap FX - all fully editable from the user-interface.
K.S.R. - Kurzweil String Resonance
Forte FX Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
Forte SE keys Every sound within the Forte® SE is perfectly matched to its 88-note fully-weighted Italian hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
Forte SE Song Mode NEW! Built-in multitrack sequencer with extensive editing tools.
ForteSE Arps Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 8 independent Arps (1 per program, 8 per Multi) and discover the new 'Step Sequencer' environment!
Live Audio Input w/ FX
ForteSE Arps Plug in and jam along with your favorite music player. The 1/8" (3.5mm) Audio Input sports its own dedicated real-time FX. Sweeten your backing tracks for live performance and internally mix the signal with the Forte SE's own output.
Front Panel Master 3-Band EQ
Room too boomy? No problem. Dial it in with the Master EQ section featuring Bass, Treble, a sweepable Midrange and on/off switch.
28 Programmable Physical Controllers
9 Sliders, 11 Switches, 2 Wheels, 2 Switch Pedal Inputs (which support 2 half-damper pedals for pianos, or up to 4 switch pedals), 1 Continuous Control Pedal Input and Aftertouch.
(1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Pitch/Modulation wheels along with dedicated
-/+ Transpose and sound Variation controls conveniently located right on the front panel.
Easy Category and Program/Multi selection. Save your own preset for each Category. New 'Surf-n-Select' navigation allows you to search for and pre-select your next Program/Multi without interrupting the current selection.
Access your Favorite sounds with ONE button press! Conveniently located right below the Forte® SE's display.
Using your Mac/PC or iPad, get deeper into editing your Forte® SE's Programs, Multis and Effects!
- Keyboard: 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/100LR)
- Display: 240x64 pixel monochrome LCD with front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 8 zones)
- Sample Flash Memory: 188 MB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory
- Factory Programs: 512
- User Programs: 1024
- Factory Multis: 182 - featuring up to 8 independent zones
- User Multis: 1024
- Favorites: 10
- General MIDI: No
- Kurzweil String Resonance: Yes
- Master EQ Section: Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch
- Effects: Hundreds of complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
⋅32 total FX units
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 Arp switch
- 2 transpose switches
- *2 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included)
- 1 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- (*supports dual switch and half-damper for pianos / dual & half-damper pedals sold separately)
- Sequencer: 16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution and MMC support. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Arpeggiators: 1-per Program, 8-per Multi
- Analog Outputs: • Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs: One stereo 1/8" back-panel input (with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- Headphones: 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet
- Height: (5.2") (13.2cm)
- Depth: (15.2") (38.6cm)
- Length: (48.9") (124.2cm)
- Weight: (40.8 lb.) (18.5 kg)
- Power: Internal Power Supply, free voltage 100-265VAC 50/60Hz, 10W max