The Control® 28-1 is a two-way 8” speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent coverage, versatile mounting, and a contemporary high-design look that fits into a wide range of decors, This makes Control 28-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality high-output indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required.
MPN: CONTROL 28-1-WH
- 8” woofer with woven fiberglass cone
- 1” PEI diaphragm tweeter with fluid cooling
- Contemporary, high-design appearance
- Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware*, plus available U-bracket
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- Wide 100° x 100° coverage
- 120 Watt power handling (240 Watt program) in direct 8Ω setting, plus built-in 60 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer.
- High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 45 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 45 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB) 62Hz - 16 kHz
- Power Rating 240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs)
- 120 W (480W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
- 90 W (360W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage 27.5 V RMS (2 hrs), 55.0 V peak
- Maximum SPL 112 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (118 dB peak)
- Sensitivity 91 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle 100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q) 7.3 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI) 8.3dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type 2nd order low-pass, 1st order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping
- Transformer Taps 70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
- 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
- Insertion Loss: <0.94 dB at any tap setting
- Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective
- High-Pass 45 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Ω operation plus 15W and 7.5W taps; 55 Hz for 30W tap; 65 Hz for 60W tap.
- Low Frequency Driver 200 mm (8 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Driver 25 mm (1 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former.
- Enclosure Material High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Grille Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) available with
- WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- Installation InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- Environmental IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Termination Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL
- Recognized per UL1876
- Colors Black (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9016)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 386 x 282 x 219 mm (15.2 x 11.1 x 8.6 in); 277 mm (10.9 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.
- Net Weight 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight 15.4 kg (34 lbs) pair-packed (for 2 speakers)
- Included Accessories InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system), 6 mm x 180 mm hex key
Description$899.00 Add to cart
Powered 1300 watt 18-inch Subwoofer
Description$499.00 Add to cart
Digital Handheld Wireless System w SM58 Microphone
Description$199.00 Add to cart
Compact Dual Vocal Wireless System
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Pro Supercardioid Dynamic Reference Microphone
Description$129.99 Add to cart
Pair of Lightweight Aluminum Speaker Stands w/ Bag
Description$39.99 Add to cart
Pro Tripod Boom Mic Stand with Boom
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)