The K4 is an advanced, extremely versatile stereo keyboard amplifier that delivers a wide spectrum of tones. More importantly, it has the ability to sound right with a minimum amount of tweaking.
The K4 consists of three separate, built-in amplifiers, for true stereo operation with a mono-summed woofer. A 200-watt Low Frequency amplifier drives a 12-inch, 200-watt woofer, while a pair of 50 watt amps drive the left and right channels, delivering the mid and high frequencies through a set of 4.5-inch, 30-watt midrange drivers and a pair of 20-watt 2.5-inch compression drivers with horns.
One unique feature of the K4 is how Channel 1 utilizes a pair of 12AX7 tubes, one for each channel, left and right. These preamp tubes supply warmth and smooth out the harsh harmonic overtones often associated with many modern Digital keyboards. It also excels at maintaining the warmth and character of vintage synthesizers and organs where it isn't always practical to use the much larger powered speaker cabinets they are typically associated with.
There is also a select switch to toggle between using either the tube or a Solid-State signal path, bypassing the tube on the input altogether, for those times when the cleanest signal path possible is preferred. Channel one also features a foot switchable Tube Overdrive control, for those who like to add a small amount of grit to their playing. Depending on the level, a small amount of warmth right up to full grit can be had from the Tube Overdrive. Natural tube compression is a very desired tone as the subtle dynamics can't be properly emulated by most of today's digital workstations. Use this feature to add some grit to an otherwise sterile keyboard tone to make it a truly vintage, tube-based one. A single button latching footswitch, like our AFS-1 can be used to engage the Lead/Overdrive feature. If a footswitch is connected, it will disable the front panel switch. Additional tonal control can be had thanks to the three band EQ and 5 position (Bypass, Studio, Live, Piano, Organ) selectable voicing presets.
Like Channel One, Channel Two also features its' own Gain control as well as a 3 band EQ. Available inputs include a stereo pair of balanced 1/4-inch TRS inputs and a single XLR, for mono only operation.
Channel Three utilizes an independent Gain control to set the levels for the stereo pair of balanced 1/4-inch TRS inputs and stereo pair of RCA inputs. All three channels feature their own input clip LED's for simple monitoring of input levels from the darkest of stages and a single Master Volume and Power Switch let you be heard when you want to.
Channel 4 inputs and Gain control can be found on the rear panel. The possibilities are endless with it. Use it to bring in an external click track or drum monitor mix, or get a microphone feed from the FOH or monitor console. The two inputs can even be used for monitoring two different sources if desired. The signal goes directly into the power amplifier, so it bypasses the Master Volume and Line Outs entirely.
- Type: Keyboard Amplifer
- Cabinet Program Power (Watts): 300
- Speaker Configuration - LF (Size / Power): 12-inch/200-watts
- Speaker Configuration - HF (Size / Power): 2x4.5-inch/50-watts / 2x2.5-inch/50-watts
- Frequency Response (Hz +/-3dB): 20 - 20k
- Inputs: 4
- Channel 1 - inputs: 2 Stereo pairs of 1/4-inch TRS
- Channel 1 - controls: Gain, 3 band EQ, 5 position voicing, Lead/OD Trim
- Channel 1 - switches: Lead/Overdrive, Tube/Solid State input select
- Channel 2 - inputs: Stereo pair 1/4-inch TRS, mono XLR
- Channel 2 - controls: Gain, 3 band EQ
- Channel 3 - inputs: Stereo pair of 1/4-inch TRS, stereo RCA
- Channel 3 - controls: Gain
- Channel 4 - inputs: Stereo pair of balanced 1/4-inch TRS
- Channel 4 - controls: Gain
- Master Volume Control: Yes
- Input Sensitivity (mV): Ch.1/2 - 500mV / Ch. 3 - 250mV
- Line Out (type / configuration): Stereo XLR (Post EQ, Pre Master), Ground Lift
- Line Out Sensitivity (Vrms): 1Vrms
- LED Indicators: Power, Clip Lead/OD
- Protection: Thermal
- Headphone Jack: Yes (Rear)
- Other Features: Unfilitered mono-summed Subwoofer 1/4-inch output
- Dimensions (DWH, inches): 15.5 / 23.3 / 19.6
- Dimensions (DWH, cm): 39.4 / 59 / 50
- Weight (lbs / kg): 57.3 / 26
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Professional Column Keyboard Stand with 13 and 18 inch Tri-bar Support Arms
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Waza Craft Classic Delay Pedal
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$139.99 Add to cart
Programmable Strobe Tuner
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Classic Tremolo Pedal
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Chorus Effects Pedal
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$23.95 Add to cart
30 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF