Shape Shifter Tap Tremolo Pedal
Product Code 43563
Buy Today and Save $65.01 (29% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
If you like the smooth, easy-to-dial-in sound of vintage amp tremolo, Seymour Duncan say that you'll love the Shape Shifter Tap Tremolo, their latest stompbox. They tell us that its sonically pure, 100% analog signal path delivers the familiar lush, hypnotic, pulsing vibes characteristic of '50s tube amps but that it is also capable of ultra-modern experimental sounds like flutters, shimmers, warbles and even radical 'helicopter chops' making it like two tremolos in one.
In Rate mode the tremolo speed varies continuously from one to 20 cycles per second. An LED pulses in time with the tremolo effect for easy Rate setting. In Ratio mode, the speed is established by tapping the Tap Rate switch, allowing for easy synchronization of the tremolo rate with the song tempo. Also, in Ratio mode, the tapped tempo can be expressed in your choice of four tap-to-note ratios: 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1 (1/4 notes, 1/8 notes, triplets, or 1/16 notes).
The Wave control allows the tremolo effect to go from the smooth modulation of a sine wave through the sharper characteristics of a triangle wave to the abrupt on/off effect of square wave drive.
Perhaps the most unique feature of the Shape Shifter is the Shape control. Most classic tremolos increase the volume over a certain period if time, say a quarter of a second, and then decrease the volume over a similar period of time. This gives a smooth, even feeling to the tremolo effect. When set to the middle of its range, the Shape Shifter's Shape control does exactly that. But when the Shape control is rotated away from its center position, the relationship between the time spent increasing the volume and the time spent reducing the volume changes. For example, you can dial in one-tenth of a second of volume increase followed by four-tenths of a second of volume decrease, or vice-versa. This adds a very different feel to the tremolo effect. With quick swell and a slow drop, the effect is percussive like a piano. Conversely, with a slow swell and sudden drop, the result is reminiscent of a tape played backwards.
MPN SFX07 0 1
- Type of Circuitry: Pure analog signal path, digital tremolo timing
- Input Impedance: 1 Meg Ohm
- Output Impedance: 1.2K ohm
- Gain: 2.5dB maximum
- Max Output before Saturation: 2.8V RMS
- S/N Ratio: 95dB
- Frequency Response: Wideband; -3dB at 3Hz and 165 kHz
- THD: 0.09% @ 1 kHz, 1VRMS
- Tremolo Characteristic: Gain variation linear in dB
- Depth: Continuously adjustable from zero to 28dB
- Shape (Duty Cycle): Continuously adjustable from 10% to 90%
- Wave: Continuously adjustable, sine to triangle to square waves
- Rate: Continuously adjustable from one to 20 Beats per second
- Tremolo Rate Controls: Speed knob, tap tempo button, rate multiplier Control
- Power: 9V battery or 9V regulated DC adapter
- Current Consumption: 7mA operate, 3mA bypass
- Dimensions: 5.50" wide X 5.20" deep X 2.20" tall
- Weight: 1.9 lbs.
- Chassis Material: 16 gauge steel
- Bypass: True hard-wire bypass
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$14.99 Add to cart
Tubular Single Guitar Stand
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable
Description$8.95 Add to cart
3 foot Instrument Cable
Description$7.95 Add to cart
1 foot Instrument Cable