Housed in Maxon's industry-standard 9-Series chassis, the PAC-9 Pure Analog Chorus takes the core design of the CS505 and brings it into the 21st century. The PAC-9 Features the same basic Speed and Depth controls as the CS505, but the PAC-9's oscillator has been modified with a wider adjustable rate of 0.33Hz - 8Hz. Slow and wide spatial effects as well as rotary speaker simulations are now available that were impossible with the original ‘505.
The PAC-9 also features Pure and Bright mini-switches that allow further enhancement of the unit's tone. When engaged, the Pure switch mixes even levels of delayed and dry signals, creating pure chorus based on the standard chorus theory. When the Pure Switch is off, the level of the delayed signal only is increased by 4dB and then mixed with dry signal, creating a very unique, tremolo-like chorus.
When the Bright switch is engaged, the normally harsh and muddy low-frequency range of the chorus effect is decreased, creating a brighter, more defined sound. When the Bright switch is off, the standard flat chorus sound is available. Subtle yet sublime, the options available from the various combinations of these switches yield an impressive array of new, inspirational sounds.
Under the hood, the PAC-9 has been further re-worked for improved performance. Built around Maxon's proprietary MC4107D BBD IC, the PAC-9 features the same RMS noise reduction circuitry found in Maxon's popular AD-9 Pro Analog Delay. With the PAC-9, clean chorus without distortion is available with increased headroom that allows use with high-output pickups and active electronics.
The PAC-9 also employs a DC/DC converter circuit and internal voltage stabilization. These circuits allow it to operate at a stable and continuous 9 VDC, regardless of battery voltage drop or fluctuation of AC power source, resulting in more consistent tone and reliable operation. The PAC-9 can also be used in an amplifier effects loop (+4 dB/-20dB) as well as in the amp's front end.
Stereo outputs complete the PAC-9's package and allow inverted phase output or use with two amplifiers. Like all Maxon 9-Series effects, the PAC-9 features True Bypass switching using a mechanical 4PDT low-noise switch.
MPN PAC9 0 0
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
- Maximum Output Level: +9 dB (400 Hz)
- Delay Time: 4.6 msec – 7.68 msec
- Speed Frequency: .33 Hz – 8 Hz
- Controls: SPEED, WIDTH
- Switch: BYPASS/EFFECT (mechanical TBS); PURE, BRIGHT
- In/Out: INPUT, OUTPUT, INVERSE OUTPUT
- Residual Noise: -95 dB (IHF-A)
- Indicator: BYPASS/EFFECT LED
- Internal Circuit Voltage: 9 VDC (DC-DC Converter)
- Current Consumption: 21 mA / 9 VDC
- Power Supply: 6F22 9V battery or Maxon AC Adaptor
- Battery Life: Manganese battery 8.5 hours @ 25deg C; Alkaline battery 20 hours @ 25deg C
- Dimensions: 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H) / 2.9" (W) x 4.9" (D) x 2.13" (H)
- Weight: 580 g (including battery) / 20.46 Oz.
- Option: Maxon AC Adaptor (AC210N or AC2009)
Description$399.95 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$179.99 Add to cart
Vintage Tube Screamer Pedal
Description$169.00 Add to cart
3-voice Guitar Harmony Effects Pedal
Description$29.95 Add to cart
AC & Cable Pedal Combo Pack
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Gold Instrument Pedal Cable
Description$21.95 Add to cart
9 Volt AC Power Supply
Description$7.95 Add to cart
6 inch Guitar Patch Cable, Hosa Right-angle to Same