Authentic theremin sound, fun to play. This is the instrument that so intrigued Bob Moog that he has spent the last 50 years building the most influential electronic musical instruments in the world. This is the build-it-yourself kit (unfinished wood cabinet, pre-built circuit board, several wiring points require soldering). All Etherwaves ship with two video tutorials on one DVD: Clara Rockmore: the Greatest Theremin Virtuosa, and Mastering the Theremin, featuring Lydia Kavina.
The Etherwave Plus from Moog extends the legendary Theremin's gestural playing technique to the world of analog synthesis and beyond. Control synthesizers and effects while playing the Etherwave Plus Theremin or use as a standalone CV (Control Voltage) controller.
The Etherwave Plus Theremin has all the great features and tone of Moog's standard Etherwave Theremin, which is based on one of the oldest electronic instruments. You play it without touching it by just moving your hands near its antennas. Used on great classic recordings like "Good Vibrations" and '50s sci-fi soundtracks, it adds amazing coloration to any performance or recording or can be played as a serious solo instrument.
The Moog Plus Theremin portion of this particular model refers to the fact that it can not only be be used as a performance instrument but also as a controller. The CV outputs control signals are proportional to the pitch and volume of the Theremin's audio signal. Connect to the pitch and volume CV inputs of a Moog Little Phatty, Voyager, or other analog synthesizer for a completely new way to play your synth. These CV signals are not limited to pitch and volume control. Route them to any CV destination and create a new world of expression. Control anything from the cutoff frequency of a Moog Ladder Filter or the LFO Amount on a Moogerfooger Ring Modulator to the stereo panning on a Minimoog Voyager.
MPN EW-PKIT-0001 0 0
- Includes 110V power supply
- Antennas: authentic shape, nickel-plated 3/8 in. brass
- Cabinet: furniture-grade hardwoods and Birch plywood; Black instrument-grade finish; mounts on standard mic stand
- Power: durable rocker switch, 110v wall transformer power supply
- Audio Out: 1/4 in. phone jack on front panel, direct audio into your own amp/speaker
- Timbre: 2 continuous rotary controls for waveform and brightness
- Pitch Range: 5 octaves (3 above and 2 below middle C)
- Just like electric guitars and many keyboards, theremins require amplification. While the Etherwave Theremin Amp is recommended, most keyboard amplifiers or PA systems should also be sufficient.
- Power: rocker switch - switches on and off the AC power to theremin
- Audio Out: standard 1/4" phone jack, which delivers line level output to your amplifier
- Pitch: rotary control, for adjusting the response of the pitch antenna
- Volume: rotary control, for adjusting the response of the volume antenna
- Waveform: rotary control, for adjusting the waveform of the audio output
- Brightness: rotary control, for adjusting the brightness of the audio output
- Power Input: receptacle for the special AC adapter that comes with the Etherwave
- Antenna Connectors: threaded connectors which allow the antennas to be removed for travel
- Pitch & Volume CV Outputs: control a different CV parameter with each hand
- Gate Output: trigger envelopes and other events
- Pitch Preview/Headphone Output: with volume control, lets you hear your note before the audience does.
- Power LED: instant visual power status on dark stages
Description$349.00 Add to cart
Build-it-yourself Etherwave Theremin Kit
Description$289.00 Add to cart
Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter
Description$289.00 Add to cart
Classic Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Description$219.00 Add to cart
Cube Multi-Purpose Portable Mixing Monitor / PA
Description$199.99 Add to cart
Analogue Ribbon Synth Station
Description$44.95 Add to cart
12 foot Keyboard Cable, straight 1/4 inch plugs
Description$31.50 Add to cart
Round Base Microphone Stand in Ebony