Bring a vocal track to life with the only complete set of tools designed specifically for voice. Add impact with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and a wealth of creative effects. Stay in tune and remove distracting breaths without tedious, time-consuming editing. Instantly transform a single vocal take into a dynamic, harmonized ensemble. Whether you're tracking or you're mixing, Nectar 2 delivers professional vocals in an instant.
You'll always have backup singers by your side with Nectar 2's new Harmony module. Want great-sounding harmonies quickly? Nectar 2 intelligently generates in-key harmonies using the lead vocal as a guide. Feeling more hands-on? Define your own custom harmonies by playing notes on your MIDI controller. Whichever method you choose, Nectar 2 provides flexible, natural-sounding vocal accompaniments to enrich your vocal production.
Automatically add in-key harmonies to your vocal tracks, then easily adjust their gain, pan, delay and more with an intuitive X/Y pad control.
Define your own unique harmonies by using MIDI Control mode, which allows you to compose up to 12-voice accompaniments on-the-fly with a MIDI controller. Tailor the settings for only your harmonized accompaniments with Solo Voices mode, which allows you to to audition the module's added voices independent of the guide vocal. Choose from suggested keys with Nectar 2's Key Detection, or quickly set the track's key yourself to inform harmonization.
There's nothing like a reverb for creating rich, harmonic space and presence for your vocals. Inspired by a timeless classic, Nectar 2's reverb is fully revamped to model the iconic EMT 140 plate reverb. Combining retro feel with modern technology, the Reverb module captures the distinctive warmth and density of the EMT 140 while providing unique controls that were physically impossible in the original device.
Add classic space and character to your vocals with an authentic modeling of the EMT 140-modeled stereo plate reverb unit. Create overdriven, vintage reverb textures with the Saturation Control, which simulates a popular effect of the original EMT 140 preamp. Experiment in real time with controls never possible in the original, like Pre-delay, Cutoff Filters, Width, and Decay.
Pitch Editor [Production Suite]
Stay in tune without ever leaving your DAW. The new Pitch Editor plug-in, bundled as part of the Nectar 2 Production Suite, makes manual pitch correction simpler than ever. Nectar 2's enhancements include a refreshed interface for graphical pitch editing and improved visual feedback, all within a resizable window. With a workspace that's easy to navigate and a workflow that's easy to follow, your vocal track will be pitch-perfect in no time.
Get optimal, transparent, and natural results with Nectar's refined note detection and digital signal processing. Avoid jumping back to your DAW's transport controls: navigate the timeline within the plug-in seamlessly by using the iZotope ReWire Device. Enhance or reduce vibrato simply with one control to fine-tune your performance. Quickly spot-check pitch with just a single click on individual notes.
Breath Control [Production Suite]
Automatically remove unwanted breaths from recordings with the new Breath Control plug-in, bundled as part of the Nectar 2 Production Suite. Featuring intelligent detection that can separate breath sounds from sung or spoken vocals, the Breath Control saves you from time-consuming and tedious manual editing. Nectar will take your breath away, but keep you sounding natural. Aggressively reduce all breaths to a specific level when using Target mode. Transparently attenuate each individual breath by a set value when using Gain mode. Control the process used to detect breaths by adjusting the Sensitivity control. See the impact of your settings and monitor Nectar's processing with intelligent metering views. Fine-tune your settings by using the Breaths Only feature to audition what's being removed.
Tired of traditional vocal treatments? The new FX module is your new vocal playground. Unleash your creative potential with 7 new effects that allow you to reimagine your sound, whether it's dark, dramatic, or completely destructive. Experiment with deeper customization via tempo controls and the ability to adjust the FX signal flow in a series or parallel. Mangle your voice with Distort effects: Overdrive and Decimate. Create otherworldly vocal sounds with Modulate effects: Phaser, Flanger, and Chorus. Add creative space and impact with time-based Repeat effects: Shred and Rollout.
Recreate classic and modern vocal styles at the click of a button with over 150 new presets in genres like Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Indie, Jazz, and Voice Over & Dialogue. Each preset is a custom configuration of Nectar 2's modules, giving you a professionally designed effects chain for immediate results, along with the power to edit and customize as you please. Sculpt your sound freely using up to 8 filters and over 10 filter types. Transparently dial in a subtle bass cut or treble boost with new Baxandall filters. Create complementary EQ shapes with a single node using Pultec-inspired Vintage Shelf filters.
Sibilance, or distracting "ess" sounds, can plague vocal tracks of all kinds, whether sung or spoken. Reduce unwanted or exaggerated sibilance with Nectar 2's intuitive De-Esser, primed for smooth results thanks to extensive hardware modeling inspired by the DBX 902 De-Esser. Reduce sibilance consistently, regardless of your vocal's changing volume, through Nectar 2's intelligent processing. Customize the "ess" detection by making adjustments with the Frequency control. Check the impact of gain reduction and other settings through new metering views, then adjust to taste.
As a first step to vocal enhancement, add tonal clarity and presence with Nectar's transparent EQ. Featuring the best of iZotope's award-winning EQ design, you'll get high-quality processing, a wealth of filter options, and a flexible graphical interface. Sculpt your sound freely using up to 8 filters and over 10 filter types. Transparently dial in a subtle bass cut or treble boost with new Baxandall filters. Create complementary EQ shapes with a single node using Pultec-inspired Vintage Shelf filters.
Use Nectar 2's Compressor to shape the dynamics of your vocal track, whether you wish to reduce the dynamic range of a recording, make the track more consistent in volume, or increase its average level. With a workflow that makes it trivial to set up parallel compressors with post filtering, you can instantly capture signature sounds like the Motown vocal flavor. Customize your compression by choosing between four different compressor types: Digital, Vintage, Optical, and Solid State. Perform parallel compression simply, without extensive routing, and easily mix between the two paths. Sculpt the tone of your compressed vocals with the shelf filters on the second compressor.
MPN: NECTAR 2
- Explore 11 powerful tools in one plug-in: Plate Reverb, FX, Pitch, Delay, De-Esser, Saturation, Compressors, Gate, EQ, and Limiter.
- Get smooth, pitch-perfect takes quickly with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins in the Nectar 2 Production Suite.
- Finesse your sound with surgical detail using powerful advanced controls.
- Improve vocal production at all stages, from tracking through mixing.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets, in a variety of genres from classic to modern.
- Add warmth and grit to your vocal with five Saturation models, including Analog, Retro, Tape, Tube and Warm. A unique graphical display and simple roll-off EQ make it easy to further tailor your sound.
- Correct errant notes in your vocals automatically with real-time Pitch Correction, or recreate the robotic pitch effect made popular by Cher, T-Pain and Kanye West.
- Dial a slapback echo into the Delay module to instantly magnify your vocals and achieve a classic rock sound.
- Clean up vocal takes with the Gate to easily silence room tone or other unwanted noise. The added Floor control allows you to preserve some noise floor for smoother results.
- Add loudness while mixing with the Limiter, or engage it while tracking to prevent audio clipping.
- Operate Nectar in Tracking mode for low latency performance that's perfect for live recording, or switch over to Mixing mode for higher-quality processing and lookahead calculations to optimize your results.
- Make quick adjustments in the streamlined Overview panel, or switch to
- Advanced View to tweak each module's powerful settings and controls.
- Seamlessly integrate with Insight, iZotope's essential metering suite—if you own Insight, each instance of Nectar can be visually monitored via an internal Meter Tap.
- Get the precise sound you're looking for by customizing your vocal chain: simply re-order Nectar's modules to adjust the signal flow or right-click to restore the default.
Nectar 2 System Requirements
- Windows: XP (32-bit Service Pack 3), 7, 8
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel only)
- Plug-in formats: AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST and VST 3, Audio Unit
- Plug-in compatibility: Nectar 2 works as plug-ins in popular hosts* like Pro Tools, Cubase, GarageBand, Logic, Ableton Live, Reaper, StudioOne, Audition, SONAR X2 & X3, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, and many more.
*Please note: The Pitch Editor plug-in included with Nectar 2 Production Suite is not compatible with some hosts like Sound Forge, GarageBand, ACID, Audition, and Samplitude.
Description$399.00 Add to cart
Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
Description$349.99 Add to cart
Stand-mounted acoustical treatment
Description$299.95 Add to cart
Desktop Studio Control Center
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Pair of High-Definition 2-way 5.25 inch Near Field Studio Monitors
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)