It's an effect. It's an instrument. It's Stutter Edit—an innovative tool for both studio and stage, designed by BT and developed by iZotope.
Tear up your tracks in real time, building thrilling fills, complex effects, shimmering sweeps, and staggering stutters that will leave your listeners screaming for more. They'll think you spent hours slaving over the slices... but all it took was a press of a key. (Don't worry, we won't tell.)
Push your performances and production into a new realm of musical intensity with Stutter Edit.
Stutter Edit's features revolve around an innovative engine that continuously samples live audio, storing that audio in a buffer that can be manipulated in a myriad of ways.
The key to unlocking Stutter Edit's capabilities is the use of Gestures: a set of effects and their associated timelines that reside on a single MIDI note. The audible result of a Gesture can vary from simple to complex—a Gesture could simply repeat a small chunk of audio at an 1/8 note rhythmic rate, or it could trigger a run of raging glitches that get decimated by a bit crusher before being filtered into a wash of echoes. Whoa.
Condensing such sonic adventures into a single key press is what makes Stutter Edit so playable, especially with its intelligent sense of timing. Stutter Edit is designed with musicality in mind, which frees you to make wild sounds that still feel like a natural part of your tracks. Outside of the studio, couple Stutter Edit with a host like Ableton Live to rocket your performances into a new world of organic improvisation.
Stutter Gestures combine real-time sampling and audio chopping with a range of versatile color effects. Think you already can make stutter effects with some other 'beat-repeaty' effect you have? Think again. Simply put, Stutter Edit makes sounds you've never heard before. Trigger Stutter Gestures back-to-back to create limitless combinations of rhythmic variation and audio decimation.
- Repeat audio at a rhythmic note value-create incredible sweeps that transition from one rhythmic value to another.
- Choose from a note value from 1/4 to 1/1024 for the stutter module to sweep or step between. That's not enough? You can also make your audio repeat at a high enough frequency to turn it into musical pitches.
- With Quantize off, Stutter Edit sweeps between note values continuously. With it on, you can create unheard-of stepping effects that transform your audio into complex rolls, trills and even arpeggios.
- Use this slick radar screen to choose where Stutter Edit pulls audio out of the buffer. Dice drum loops. Jump between notes in a vocal phrase. You can even randomize playback order for unexpected results.
- The dual channel Delay can slide between 1/8th to 1/64th note rhythmic delay times, flying from a subtle chorus to a springy rubber-band effect. Dedicated resonant band-pass filters provide perfectly tweakable results.
- Get a dose of digital distortion or add a periodic growl. Like every Stutter Edit module, it'll move in sync with the tempo.
- Achieve intense chopping effects that modulate in sync with your track by gating each individual event created by the Stutter module.
- Send stuttered patterns flying left and right at breakneck speeds, or create subtle width and doubled audio that sweeps side to side.
- Shape the sound of each key-controlled Gesture individually. Perfect for cutting the bass, making aggressive resonant sweeps, or creating LFO-like modulation that locks to each Gesture's timeline.
- Get back to the old-timey future. Adjust the Lo-Fi settings to get a "vintage digital" vibe or bury the whole track in fuzz.
While Stutter Gestures process audio, Generator Gestures mix noises and crashes with your track. The Generator gives you the ideal tool for creating washes of noise, dramatic build-ups, and hits that add excitement to a track. For performance, choose where you want the Generator Gesture to end, and no matter where you trigger it, it will intelligently stop on the perfect beat. You can even hold a Generator Gesture as you jump between different Stutter Gestures. The result: an improvised arrangement that sounds like you've spent hours toiling in the studio.
- Scale the pitch of the Generator's noise tables over twelve octaves automatically. Build tension, or drop a track into a breakdown with a downward swoosh of noise.
- For a little more bite, add some Lo-Fi to a Generator Gesture for a grainy, gritty noise wash or stab.
- The Generator can automate this resonant band-pass filter to shape and squelch blasts of noise.
- The Generator has its own dedicated delay: when you release a dramatic build-up, it can decay into a trail of echoes for a perfectly smooth transition.
- Grab the Pitch Wheel of your MIDI controller to engage a dual Low- and High-Pass filter. Push it up to cut lows and add resonance, push it down to roll off highs and bring things down to a low rumble.
- While Stutter Gestures automate everything in sync to the beat, you can also take control of the Gesture timeline with Timeline Override. Grab the Mod Wheel of your controller to hijack the motion of all of the modules at once. Improvise wild rolls, fills, transitions and even "freeze" the Buffer Position.
Description$520.00 Add to cart
550A 3-band equalizer, 550B 4-band EQ, 560 10-band graphic and 2500 stereo compressor
Description$349.99 Add to cart
Stand-mounted acoustical treatment
Description$299.95 Add to cart
Desktop Studio Control Center
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Pair of High-Definition 2-way 5.25 inch Near Field Studio Monitors
Description$239.00 Add to cart
Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
Description$169.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones