This LightSnake cable is a USB cable which has 1/4' and XLR adaptors for connection of both musical instruments and microphones . The LightSnake instrument cable is basically a 'sound card on a cable' and with this cable you can record audio directly onto your computer and listen to the audio from your computer all on the same cable. This is a true USB plug-n-play connection. No additional drivers are needed for most operating systems. The freeware ASIO driver ASIO4ALL available at ASIO4ALL.com works perfectly with the cable for recording software that implements this technology, also a cable specific ASIO driver is forthcoming. The interface end of the USB cable has a jack that either the 1/4' or XLR adaptor connects to and jack for the provided ear buds, this is a stereo 1/8' jack that will also work with a set of powered monitors There are volume controls on cable for headset volume and there is also a mute button. The simplicity of these cables and their price point make the digital recording arena accessible to every one.
- Digital quality sound input and output without the need for a sound card.
- Simple USB plug-and-play connectivity
- Analog and digital conversion built into cable
- Most universal interface on the market
- Digital quality sound input and output
- Embedded A/D chip technology with audio signal boost eliminates the need for additional signal conversion devices
- Patented 'Live When Lit' technology cable ends light up indicating when sound is being transmitted
- PC with Windows 98/SE, Me, 2000, XP or Vista
- PC with Linux
- Mac OS 9.0.4 or higher
- Computer with USB port
- LightSnake USB Cable
- 1/4' to 1/8' adaptor cable
- XLR to 1/8' adaptor cable