HD Video & Pro Audio Recorder
Product Code 63655
Buy Today and Save $100.00 (25% from Retail)
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The Olympus LS-20M Linear PCM Recorder answers the age-old question: "Is that a miniature studio in your pocket, or are you just happy to record me?" With its dual condenser mics capable of recording 24-bit / 96kHz PCM audio, and a built-in camcorder that can capture full 1080p high-definition video, the LS-20M fuses the best of both worlds, creating a feast for eyes and ears.
One of the cooler-looking gadgets to hit the video and audio shelves (virtually speaking), this recorder is also one of the smallest at just over 5 inches (13cm) long and weighing in at a featherweight 5.4 ounces (154g). But it packs a lot of power into its handheld form factor. Taking advantage of Olympus' history with both cameras and handheld audio recorders, the LS-20M lets you record audio in either professional-level WAV files or the more consumer-friendly MP3 format, while giving you the option of capturing H.264 video in one of three resolutions: 1080p, 720p, or 480p. Everything is recorded to the included 2GB SD memory card or to any SD/SDHC card up to 32GB.
Of course, the ability to monitor what you're recording is crucial for optimal results, and the LS-20M provides a 2" color LCD screen for reviewing your video and an LCD audio meter just beneath it to view and adjust levels. A 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack and 3.5mm microphone jack are also included for monitoring by ear and recording with an external microphone. Your final production is then easily played back on an HDTV or computer, or streamed live to the Web via Ustream. Whether recording parties, performances, weddings, or just goofing around, the LS-20M is the perfect pocket companion.
24-Bit/96kHz Linear PCM Recording
Record sound that's even better than what you hear on a compact disc. Every nuance of every note and syllable is captured and played back with a rich and resonant quality.
Full HD 1080p Movie
Shoot movies at 30 frames per second, with high-quality sound, in 1080p. Having the ability to capture high-definition sound and videos opens up a world of possibilities.
Magic Movie Settings
Express your vision exactly how you want in your HD videos using one of four Magic Filters: Rock, Pop, Sketch and Pin Hole.
Removable SD/SDHC Card Compatibility
Never run out of recording space again. The LS-20M is SD/SDHC card compatible so you can capture oodles of audio and video--and still have room to store documents or other files.
Web Camera for Ustream
Use the built-in high-quality audio and HD video of the LS-20M to stream your performances on the web via Ustream or any other live broadcast platform.
Electrical Stabilizer and 4x Digital Zoom
The camera features a 4.1mm (16:9 at 49mm, 4:3 at 59mm) autofocus lens and 4x digital zoom, delivering premium video no matter where you're shooting.
Battery Charge Function (via USB or AC Adapter)
With a USB cable or AC adapter it is easy to charge your recorder. You can also quickly transfer your files over to your Mac or PC via a USB cable.
Low-Cut Filter and Auto/Manual Recording Level
The LS-20M features a switchable low-cut filter that enables users to eliminate low-frequency sounds and unwanted background noises. For your convenience, the Olympus LS-20M also offers manual or auto-level recording. The "auto" level is perfect if you are recording from the crowd. Thanks to the manual level, musicians can capture optimal sound checks and live performances.
Multitasking with Dual LCDs
The dual LCDs on the LS-20 allow you to frame your video while simultaneously checking your audio levels.
Enable the Visualizer during playback to view imagery that pulses and dances with the audio. Choose from options like Equalizer, Pink Line and Rainy Blue.
- Linear 24 bit / 96 kHz PCM Recording
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Removable MicroSD Card Capacity
- Features 3 Microphones
- PCM (WAV), MP3 & WMA Recording
- Control Recording Levels Via LCD Display
- Divide, Move & Copy Files Internally
- Voice Commands For Quick Operation
- Voice Activation Starts/Stops Recording
- Charge Via USB Or Optional AC Adapter
- Superior-to-CD quality sound with the high quality recording in incredible 96kHz/24bits
- Equipped with a generous 4GB of internal memory or add memory with a micro SD card
- Stereo, directional condenser mic and a center, omni-directional mic capable of capturing lower bass ranges with stunning clarity
- Weighs just 3.17 ounces
- Select from one of three standard recording formats: WAV, MP3 or WMA
- With a USB cable or optional AC adapter it is easy to charge your recorder
- Quickly transfer your files over to your Mac or PC via a USB cable
- Voice Activation makes automatic starting and stopping of the recorder an extra benefit that saves time and energy
- Mic input, headphone output, and built in reference speaker
- Recording Format: PCM (WAV), MP3, WMA
- Recording Media: Built-in 4GB flash memory
Micro SD card slot
- PCM Recording Time: PCM: 44.1kHz/16-bit: (1.75 hrs), 88.2kHz 24-bit (1.92 hrs), 48kHz 16-bit (5.42 hrs), 44.1kHz, 16-bit (5.92 hrs), 44.1kHz mono (11.92 hrs)
- MP3 Recording Time: MP3: 320kbps - 26 hrs, 256kbps - 32.5 hrs, 128kbps - 65.5 hrs, 64kbps mono - 131 hrs
- WMA Recording Time: WMA: 128kbps - 64 hrs, 64kbps - 128 hrs, 32kbps - 257 hrs, 8kbps mono - 1007 hrs
- PC Interface: High-speed USB 2.0
- Overall Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (center microphone ON) 70Hz - 20kHz (center microphone OFF)
- Practical Maximum Output: Headphone: 4 mW + 4 mW @ 16 Ohms
- Speaker: 400 mW @ 8 Ohms
Description$399.00 Add to cart
X/Y Stereo Microphone
Description$129.00 Add to cart
Microphone Boom Pole
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Professional Studio Headphones
Description$69.95 Add to cart
Stereo microphone adapter
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$10.95 Add to cart
4 GB Micro Flash Card