Hard rock and metal guitarists no longer need to choose between the power of active pickups and the response of passive pickups. The Gus G. Fire Blackouts System blends the best aspects of both. This system combines the massive tone, kick, and distortion of Blackouts with the rich tone and expressive feel of my favorite passive pickups," says Gus G., the exciting young guitarist just off the road with Ozzy Osbourne. "It responds perfectly to all my picking techniques, and more of my personality comes through than with any active pickup I've tried."
MPN 11106-65-B 4 4
- Combines active and passive. The Gus G. Fire
- Blackouts System is a matched set of two passive humbucking pickups and a dual preamp that replaces one of the guitar's volume knobs.
- Traditional humbucker design with individual pole pieces provides the note definition and string-to-string feel of passive pickups• Alnico 5 magnets deliver rich, detailed tones. The bridge pickup's larger magnet adds more low-mids for fatter, fuller-sounding leads.
Custom-wound coils create a remarkably open, airy sound.
- A high-output, low-noise differential dual preamp captures every nuance of the passive-style pickups—with plenty of headroom. Most other active preamps clip too easily, decimating your dynamics.
- Long battery life. A single 9-volt battery provides approximately 750 hours of playing time.
- Bare-wire lockdown connectors. Uses the same solderless connectors as our Liberator Pickup Change System. No soldering required if replacing existing active pickups. Screwdriver included.
- Includes three additional 25K potentiometers for users who are replacing passive pickups.
- Organic sound. Instead of tone that sounds as if it was created by a preamp, you'll hear the wood of your guitar.
- You'll hear your picking style. You'll hear you.
Pickups hand-made in Santa Barbara, California. Preamp made in the USA.
Description$699.99 Add to cart
40-Watt 2-Channel Combo Amplifier
Description$499.00 Add to cart
6-string Electric Guitar
Description$325.00 Add to cart
Compressor, Sustainer, Distortion and Polyphonic Amplitude Synthesizer
Description$269.99 Add to cart
Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Description$129.99 Add to cart
Tribute Dimebag Darrell Distortion Effects Pedal
Description$103.95 Add to cart
Just like the original 1955 P.A.F.s