Pickup systems are the most popular option for amplifying acoustic guitars on stage, however most are unable to capture the unique tone of each instrument. As a result, different guitars can take on similar flat, electric-acoustic characteristics and they all sound the same when amplified or plugged into a PA.
Zoom's A3 is the first pedal of its kind. It allows players to restore the natural tone of their acoustic guitars while continuing to use pickup systems for amplification. In addition to being a powerful acoustic preamp, the A3 offers unrivaled acoustic remodeling features, amazing acoustic effects and much more for crafting acoustic guitar sounds for both live and studio applications.
Elements of design.
Within a heavy duty, die-cast body, the A3 features a main EFFECT footswitch, two secondary footswitches (ANTI FEEDBACK and BOOST), as well as a large LCD and a variety of analog-style cursor keys and parameter knobs that together form an easy-to-use graphical interface. This intuitive design makes restoring the tone of your acoustic guitar, as well as creating and saving new acoustic tones, a breeze and provides easy navigation in live and studio settings.
Restore your sound.
By selecting the body and model type of the guitar that you're playing, you can restore the true sound of your acoustic guitar. The A3 offers presets for 16 body types and 28 models that simulate the sonic characteristics of various acoustic guitars with different body shapes and constructed of different materials.
16 Body Types.
The A3 allows you to choose from 16 guitar body types to re-create the signature sounds of differing body shapes. From the Dreadnought body setting, which generates a large tone full of rich low frequencies, to the Orchestra body setting, featuring an outstanding response and tonal balance, the A3 has the ability to remodel the sonic qualities of a wide range of unique body types.
The A3 also has the ability to recreate the distinct sound components of 28 of the world's most famous acoustic guitars. The A3 even accounts for the subtlest of differences between these models. The pedal accurately recreates the tone differences between guitars with the same body shape, but different bracing or wood from which they are made (spruce, mahogany, rosewood, etc.).
Acoustic preamp for both pickups and mics.
The A3's pre-amp, specifically designed for acoustic guitars, can be used with piezoelectric, magnetic and passive pickups. In addition, the pedal's XLR-1/4-inch combination Mic input, which can provide phantom power, allows you to connect a microphone and mix its signal with that of your pickup via dedicated knobs. The A3's pre-amp section also features a 3-band EQ for adjusting your guitar tone according to your performance environment and a BALANCE knob to set the ratio of the original sound (DRY) and the sound after adding effects (WET).
40 acoustic effects.
With a focus on spatial effects, including chorus, delay and reverb, the A3 offers 40 diverse types of acoustic effects to enhance the sound of your guitar. Effects range from compressors that suppress input peaks and even out sound levels to detuning effects that create the sound of a 12-string guitars and everything in between. With the A3, you can use up to two effects and one acoustic guitar model simultaneously and arrange them in any order you like. You to create and store up to 20 original patches on the A3.
- Pre-amp/effects pedal for acoustic guitar
- Easy-to-use interface includes LCD, footswitches, analog-style cursor keys/parameter knobs and LED indicators
- Remodeling presets for 16 body types and 28 popular acoustic guitar models
- 40 effects can be used in any combination
- Use two effects and one acoustic guitar model simultaneously
- Acoustic guitar pre-amp with Mic and Pickup mixing options, 3-band EQ, Balance control and super-low noise design
- Anti-feedback footswitch filters up to three frequency ranges at once
- Clean Boost footswitch for up to 12dB of additional amplification
- Create and store up to 20 original patches
- Integrated auto-chromatic tuner
- Tap tempo function
- Direct box capability with balanced XLR output
- Ground switch eliminates ground loop hum
- Dedicated pickup input with pickup compensation switch (Flat, Magnetic, Piezo)
- XLR-1/4-inch combination Mic/Line input with phantom power
- 1/4-inch stereo/headphone output
- Up to eight hours of operation using four AA batteries (included)
- AC (adapter sold separately) and USB bus powered
Description$399.95 Add to cart
Wireless MIDI Guitar Controller
Description$149.95 Add to cart
Stage Analog Preamp
Description$28.95 Add to cart
20ft Circuit Breaker Pro Instrument Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$19.95 Add to cart
Adjustable Guitar Stand
Description$18.95 Add to cart
15 foot Instrument Cable, 1/4 inch Straight to 1/4 inch Right-angle
Description$9.95 Add to cart
6 foot Instrument Cable
Description$7.95 Add to cart
RARE Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Medium 12-54