The Radial SB-1 Acoustic is a high-performance active direct box made for players that are on the move. Made to fit inside a guitar case, the SB-1 is the smallest Radial DI box ever! But don't let the small size deter... this ultra-compact StageBug sounds absolutely terrific!
The design begins with standard ¼" instrument input with a thru-put to feed your tuner or your on-stage amp. The ultra quiet active circuit at once converts the signal from high to low impedance to reduce susceptibility to noise, buffers it and then balances the signal for long runs to the PA system. And with 48 volt phantom powering, the SB-1 does not require batteries or external supply to make it work. You simply plug in and you are set to go!
The active circuit features a carefully selected 220k-ohm input impedance to eliminate problems with loading while delivering a smooth, warm sound to the audio system. This is particularly important when interfacing vintage guitars with low output pickups when should you plan to do some recording or Reamping. The SB-1 is also equipped with a -15dB pad that reduces the input sensitivity to gracefully handle even the loudest instruments. This makes the SB-1 perfectly well suited for electric bass and keyboards. To reduce feedback, toggling the 180° polarity switch helps eliminate hot spots on stage that can cause low frequency resonance.
The StageBug... small size, big heart, huge sound!
MPN: R800 0110
- Active direct box for acoustic guitar
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- 48V phantom powered, no batteries needed!
- Audio Circuit Type: Active Buffer with Phase Splitter
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.006%
- Dynamic range: >100db
- Input impedance: 800K/23K
- Maximum input: +2dbu/+8dbu
- Gain: +1.3dbu/+4.4db
- Clip Level - Output +3.3dbu/+12.3dbu
- Output impedance: 330 Ohms
- Equivalent input noise: -101dbu
- Noise floor: -97dbu
- Intermodulation distortion: <0.01%
- Phase deviation: 25/12 degrees Maximum
- Switches: Pad, Phase
- Merge function: Automatic
- Input pad: -12db
- Polarity: Yes
- XLR configuration: + = Pin 2, - = Pin 3, Ground = Pin 1
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish:Baked enamel
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping size: (L x W x D) 8.25" x 5" x 1.75" (210mm x 127mm x 44mm)
- Shipping weight:0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: 48V phantom power
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Description$549.00 Add to cart
Digital Wireless Vocal System
Description$179.00 Add to cart
Pro Supercardioid Dynamic Reference Microphone
Description$129.99 Add to cart
Studio SeriesTelescoping Boom Stand
Description$65.75 Add to cart
Removes AC/line hum from guitar/recording systems.
Description$42.95 Add to cart
High-quality microphone cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$21.95 Add to cart
25 foot Microphone Cable, XLRM to XLRF
Description$14.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable, 1/4 inch Straight to 1/4 inch Right-angle