Since producing the world's first rackmount tuner, the DT-1pro, which appeared in 1987, Korg has continued to produce classic models that define the era, including the DTR-1/DTR-2 in 1994 and the DTR-1000/DTR-2000 in 2002. Now, in 2013, Korg unveils its latest rackmount model. The pitchblack Pro features a new "3D" visual meter with a three-dimensional expression of light that delivers an unprecedented visual element. Although it's in a rackmount form factor, the body is ultra-lightweight and slim, allowing it to be used anywhere. This is a new generation of rackmount tuner that every guitarist/bassist with professional aspirations should experience.
The pitchblack Pro is a rackmount tuner that's easy to see even from a distance, allowing you to tune confidently. It's ideal not only on stage but also during rehearsals or recording. The crisp lights in your rack will attest to your professionalism.
Lightweight, thin, and removable
While the previous DTR-1000/DTR-2000 models weighed 1.4 kg, the pitchblack Pro is astoundingly light at 363 g. The depth has also been dramatically reduced from 113 mm to 49 mm, allowing it to be installed in an effect pedalboard. The rackmount adapters on the left and right can be attached or detached at a touch, and can be attached to the bottom of the unit to serve as a stand. The unit can also be used in a variety of situations other than in a rack; you can simply set it in a desired location, or attach it to a floor monitor.
The newly-developed tuning meter provides a revolutionary visual effect. In addition to the powerfully illuminated color LEDs that provide unparalleled brightness, the special design with treated acryl allows a three-dimensional view of the light, from the surface of the source all the way into its depths. This means that from any distance or angle, discrepancies or change in pitch will be instantly obvious. The pitchblack Pro brings the guitarists/bassist a new dimension of tuning experience.
Three meter display modes
There are three display modes available for the large meter
Regular Meter mode
As when using a needle-type meter tuner, tune the string so that the LED in the center of the meter is lit up. The illuminated LED will move to the right if the string is sharp, or toward the left if the string is flat. This process is intuitively easy to grasp.
Strobe Meter mode
Tune the string so that the LED meter illumination stops flowing. The meter illumination will flow from left to right if the string is sharp or from right to left if the string is flat.
Half Strobe Meter mode
Tune the string so that the LED meter illumination stops flowing and only the center LED is lit up. The right side of the LED meter strobes if the string is sharp; the left side strobes if the string is flat. When the pitch is correct, only the center LED will be lit up.
Cable Checker function warns of broken or shorted cables
Korg's revolutionary Cable Checker function is built into the pitchblack Pro; simply connect the two ends of your monaural phone cable to the INPUT 1 jack and the CABLE CHECK jack and the display will tell you whether the cable is broken. This is a convenient way to avoid problems on stage or in the studio.
Buffered output minimizes any change in audio quality
The pitchblack Pro is designed with a buffered output to minimize any change or additional noise in the audio input signal. There's also a Mute function that lets you tune without producing sound from the OUTPUT jack. The MUTE jack allows a foot switch to turn mute on/off, for convenient tuning between songs during a live performance.
- 19-inch 1U rackmount tuner for guitar/bass
- Large "3D" style visual meter for unprecedented visibility
- Lightweight, thin, with removable; not limited to rack installation
- Three meter display modes: regular, strobe, and half-strobe
- Cable Checker warns of broken or shorted cables
- Buffered output minimizes any change in audio quality
- Mute function lets you tune silently
- Tuning: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection range: E0 (20.60 Hz) ~ C8 (4186 Hz), sine wave
- Calibration range: A4 = 436-445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Display Mode: Regular / Strobe / Half Strobe
- Input impedance: 1 M Ohms (when tuner is on)
- Front Side
- Input 1 (mono 1/4" jack) for Guitar /Bass
- Mute (mono 1/4" jack)
- Cable Check (mono 1/4" jack)
- Rear Side
- Input 2* (mono 1/4" jack) *This jack is intended for use with the line output from an effect unit or keyboard; this cannot be used simultaneously with the INPUT 1 jack
- Output (mono 1/4" jack)
- DC IN (9V)
- Power supply: DC 9V, AC adapter
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- Tuner Only: 430 × 49 × 44 mm / 16.93 x 1.93 x 1.73 inches (including protrusions)
- When used with the rackmount adapters: 482 × 49 × 44 mm / 18.98 x 1.93 x 1.73 inches (including protrusions)
- Weight: 363 g / 12.80 Oz. (Tuner Only)
- Accessories: AC adapter, Screw x 4, Washer x 4, Rack mounting adapter x 2,
Description$999.99 Add to cart
24-Channel Mixer w/ Dual DSP Engine w/ Digital Effects & Output Processing
Description$28.95 Add to cart
20ft Circuit Breaker Pro Instrument Cable
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.99 Add to cart
15 Foot Instrument Cable
Description$22.95 Add to cart
Adjustable Guitar Stand
Description$16.95 Add to cart
10-Feet Pro Dual Cable 1/4-Inch TS to Same
Description$16.95 Add to cart
20 foot Instrument Cable
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable