Music Video Recorder
Product Code 69185
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
The Sony HDR-MV1 Music Camcorder is designed for capturing high-quality video and audio. It can record Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps and LPCM or AAC stereo audio. For video, it's equipped with a 16MP Exmor R CMOS image sensor and a wide-angle 120° Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens. It can also capture HD 1280 x 720p video at 30 fps and it records to the web-friendly MP4 format. The camcorder features a 2.7" LCD monitor as well.
For recording audio, the HDR-MV1 features a 120° stereo microphone array and an external microphone input. It also has a headphone jack for more accurate audio monitoring. You can record audio using the 44.1kHz/16-bit LPCM format or the 48kHz/128kbps AAC format. Plus, the camcorder supports Audio Lip Sync functionality and manual or auto audio level control. The 2.7" LCD screen features an on-screen meter as well, which you can use to monitor the audio input levels.
For wireless connectivity, the HDR-MV1 features built-in Wi-Fi with One Touch NFC smartphone or tablet pairing. This allows you to use your compatible mobile device as a remote control and a remote monitor. Once you've recorded some footage, you can transfer it to your mobile device via Wi-Fi for immediate uploading onto the Internet. There's also a micro-HDMI output and a Multi Terminal USB port that supports simultaneous data transfer and charging.
LPCM & AAC Audio Formats for Recording Versatility
Records in uncompressed Linear PCM (LPCM) and versatile AAC audio formats. With LPCM recording you'll be able to capture high-resolution CD-quality 44.1kHz/16-bit sound. With AAC recording you'll be able to capture 48kHz/128kbps audio files for easy uploading to the Internet.
Capture Wide-Angle Stereo Sound with 120° X/Y Microphone
The HDR-MV1's 120° stereo microphone array captures full stereo sound. Plus, unlike smartphones and conventional camcorders, its wide-angle recording field allows you to easily capture every note and lyric from the entire band - even at close distances.
Capture Full HD 1080/30p Video with Low Grain in Low Light
Record Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps with low grain - even in low lighting situations. You can record using the web-friendly MP4 format, which is ideal for sharing your Full HD movies on the Internet using your smartphone, PC or Mac computer.
Exmor R CMOS Sensor with Enhanced Sensitivity
Experience enhanced low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and reduced grain thanks to Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R CMOS sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions. The camcorder also features a BIONZ image processor and Triluminous color technology.
Wide-Angle 120° Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
The 120° wide-angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens captures high-quality video with Full HD 1080p or HD 720p resolution, high contrast and accurate color reproduction. Plus, its wide viewing angle allows you to easily capture the entire band and stage from close distances.
Multi Terminal USB Port for Charging & Data Transfer
The unit's integrated Multi Terminal USB port provides convenient charging and data transfer connectivity. The HDR-MV1's USB port will even charge the battery and access content on a computer simultaneously. Plus, with the supplied battery and optional AC-UD10 power adapter, users can operate and record video while the device is charging.
Audio Lip Sync Functionality
The Audio Lip Sync functionality ensures synchronicity for postproduction between the audio track and the video
Capture Stereo Sound via an External Microphone
You can use your favorite microphone when recording by simply attaching it using the camera's microphone input jack.
Manually Control & Monitor Input Levels via a 2.7" LCD Screen
The HDR-MV1's 2.7" widescreen LCD monitor allows users to quickly frame their shots and make adjustments. You can use the LCD screen to manually or automatically adjust audio level control in 31 steps. There's also an on-screen meter that allows users to monitor the audio input levels and adjust to diverse environments.
Built-In Wi-Fi & One Touch NFC
The HDR-MV1 employs built-in Wi-Fi and One Touch NFC (Near Field Communication) to link the camera to a compatible smartphone or tablet. This allows you to instantly upload recorded videos to the Internet. The Wi-Fi/NFC function also turns your mobile device into a remote control and a remote monitor for the HDR-MV1, which is especially useful for framing the scene to achieve your desired shot.
- Powerful LPCM and AAC for recording versatility
- Capture wide stereo sound with 120° X/Y mic
- High-quality 30p HD video with low grain in low light
- Wide-angle 120° professional Carl Zeiss® Tessar lens
- USB terminal
- 2.7" LCD
- Intelligent Auto : Backlight / Spotlight / Twilight / Low light
- Wi-Fi : Send to Smartphone, Control with Smartphone
- Audio Level Display : Yes
- Face Detection : Yes
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection) : Auto / Child Priority / Adult Priority
- AGC Limit : Yes (Int. Mic / Ext. Mic)
- Airplane Mode : Yes
- Camera Type : Music Video Recorder
- Color : Black
- Erase/Protect : Yes / Yes (Movies)
- Multiple Language Display : English, French, Spanish
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes (recordable time, free and used media space) / Yes (remaining capacity)
- Shutter Speeds : Auto Control Range: 1/30 - 1/10,000
- Exposure System
- Minimum Illumination : Standard: 9 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed) Low Lux: 4.5 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Scene Mode(s) : Auto / Night Scene / Sunrise & Sunset / Fireworks / Landscape / Spotlight / Beach / Snow
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment
- LOW LUX Mode : Yes
- Backlight Compensation : Yes (Auto)
- Noise Reduction : Yes
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Onepush / Outdoor / Indoor
- Processor : BIONZ® image processor
- Pixel Gross : Approx. 16800K pixels
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : Approx. 8400K pixels (16:9)
- Imaging Sensor : 1/2.3" (7.77mm) back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS Sensor
- NFC : Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- HDMI Terminal : Yes (micro)
- Memory Card Slot : Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- HD Output : HDMI Out (micro) (sold separately)
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- Headphone Jack : Stereo Mini Jack
- Microphone Input : Integrated into Line input (Analog Audio)
- LCD Display
- LCD Type : 2.7" (6.7cm) 230K Wide Clear Photo LCD(TM) (16:9)
- Coverage : 100%
- Brightness Control : Yes
- Grid Display : Grid Line
- Minimum Focus Distance : Approx.11 7/8inch (Approx.30cm)
- Lens Type : Carl Zeiss® Tessar® Lens
- Focal Distance : f=2.5mm
- Aperture : F2.8
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : f=18.2mm
- Power Requirements : 3.6V (battery pack); 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- Battery Type : NP-BX1
- Microphone/Speaker : Unidirectional, 120-degree X/Y stereo, Monoral Speaker
- Video Resolution : 1920x1080 30p (MP4)
- Audio Format : MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit)
- Video Format : MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Mic Level Control : Yes
- Media Type : Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Video Actual (Pixel) : Approx. 8400K pixels
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx. 4 5/8inch x 2 7/8inch x 1 1/8inch (Approx. 116.5mm × 70.5mm × 27mm) including supplied battery
In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack(NP-BX1) (1)
- Micro USB Cable (1)
- Lens Cap (1)
- Cap String (1)
- Operating Guide(1)
Description$399.00 Add to cart
X/Y Stereo Microphone
Description$249.00 Add to cart
Directional Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$79.00 Add to cart
Professional Studio Headphones
Description$29.99 Add to cart
Compact Closed-Back Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)