The PowerLink is a compact, low-cost rackmount Remote Sequencer that provides timing and switching for up to six power control devices, turning them on and off in a preset sequence. The power-down sequence is opposite to the power-up sequence - the last device to be turned on will be the first turned off, etc. The delay interval between the turn-on or turn-off of each device and the next device in sequence is user-adjustable from 0.2 to 10 seconds, via an internal trimpot.
A PowerLink is intended to work with a group of relay-controlled power outlets such as Furman MiniPorts, to create a very flexible power control system that can expand to handle as many circuits carrying as much current as needed.
An on or off sequence can be initiated from the PowerLink itself, using the built-in locking key switch, or, if the key switch is set to enable Remote operation, by one or more momentary or maintained-action switches in distant locations.
The outputs of the PowerLink are low power relay contacts, accessible via rear-panel screw terminal strips. Outputs may be configured to be normally-closed or normally-open by positioning internal 'suitcase' jumpers. All input and output commons are electrically isolated to avoid the creation of ground loops.
Power sequencing is needed whenever various kinds of equipment must be powered up or down in groups, rather than all simultaneously. In audio systems, sequenced powering is often necessary to allow turn-on transients from low level preamplifiers and processors to settle down before any power amps are turned on. This is because simultaneous powering can result in a loud, annoying, and potentially destructive 'pop' reaching the speakers. Also, In any large system whose components present an inductive load to the AC line (including electric motors, power supplies, and power amplifiers of all kinds), sequenced powering can avoid excessive inrush currents that can cause circuit breakers to trip even though the steady-state currents are not excessive.
The user has complete control of each of the PowerLink's outputs. A three-position front panel switch for each control output allows that output to be included in the sequence, or permits overriding the sequence to switch that output on or off independently of the sequence timing. Indicator LED's light up to show when each output is in the 'on' state.
While the PowerLink is ideal for controlling MiniPorts, it can also control Furman PowerPorts, PS-PRO or PS-8R Power Sequencers, ASD-120 Sequenced Power Distros, or any other devices that need to be switched when a particular time delay has elapsed. A PowerLink can even control one or more other remotely-located PowerLinks, providing complete power sequencing control for even the very largest systems.
MPN: PowerLink REMOTE SEQUENCER
- Combines with up to six power control devices to make a complete system to provide power-up and power-down sequencing
- Actual PowerLink 'outputs' are electrically isolated, normally-closed or normally-open relay contacts
- Each control output has a front panel status indicator
- Each control output has a three position switch allowing each connected device to be part of the sequence, or to be switched on or off independently
- On or off sequence can be initiated from the unit or remotely, using low voltage control wires
- Front panel key switch for security
- Compact single rack space package
- Three unswitched AC convenience outlets -- two on the rear and one on the front
- Delay Interval: 0.2 to 10 seconds per step (adjustable with internal trimpot)
- REM Control Inputs:Optically isolated, AC or DC drive, 12K ohm input impedance. Operates at 5-130 VDC. Max 130 VAC from REM COM to chassis.
- Can use its own internal 12 VDC supply.C
- Signal Relay Outputs:Switch contacts internally configurable to normally closed or normally open. Common isolated from chassis and control ground. 130 VAC max from relay common to chassis. Relay can switch 1/2 amp max @ 125 VAC, or 24 VDC.
- AC Outlets:Three total; two on the rear, one on the front
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Dimensions:1.75" H x 19" W x 7.125" D.
- Weight:5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg.)
- Construction:Steel chassis, zinc chromate plating;.125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel.
- Power consumption: 8.4 watts
- Safety Agency Listings:NRTL-C TUV
Description$169.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Dynamic Semi-open Pro Headphones
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Personal Mixing Station
Description$69.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$49.95 Add to cart
Pro Dynamic Semi-Open Studio Headphones
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)