Too many wires in your studio? Are they literally holding you back from the freedom of different configurations and setups? KORG, creators of the best-selling microKEY series and the next-gen microKEY2 series can help you break free with the new microKEY Air series of wireless MIDI controllers!
Connect wirelessly to iPad, iPhone, or Mac
The microKEY Air supports Bluetooth Smart "Apple Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI". You can easily connect wirelessly to iPad/iPhone music apps such as KORG Gadget, KORG Module, and GarageBand, as well as any MIDI-capable music production software on your Mac. Painstaking tuning of the Bluetooth capabilities means high stability and low latency, no strings – or wires – attached.
Lasts a month between battery changes
With an average of one hour of use per day, the batteries allow approximately one month of operation. And best of all, the microKEY Air runs on just two AA batteries.
To USB or not to USB?
microKEY Air can also be connected via a traditional USB cable. Since the microKEY is USB bus-powered, you only need a single USB cable to connect it to Mac or Windows. There's no need to install a driver; just connect it to your computer and start playing. The second generation newly supports connection to iPad and iPhone. Add an Apple Lightning - USB camera adaptor and one USB cable and your setup is complete, allowing you to access apps such as KORG Gadget, KORG Module, and GarageBand.
Compact and playable Natural Touch Mini Keyboard
KORG's Natural Touch mini keyboard has been carefully designed to assure playability while staying compact, and makes it easy to play chords or rapid phrases. Choose between 25, 37, 49 or 61-key configurations to suit your specific playing style and space/travel requirements.
With your iPhone and the new microKEY, you can enjoy great sound anywhere
KORG Module and the microKEY are the best possible combination for a mobile performance environment. With the new microKEY which supports a damper, or the microKEY Air which provides a wireless connection via Bluetooth MIDI, your iPhone instantly transforms into a high-quality sound module. In your room, in a practice studio, when riding in a moving vehicle, or outdoors, it's easy to set up and immerse yourself in a superb playing experience wherever you are.
KORG Module for iPhone
Connect a pedal, and enjoy full control functionality
The 37, 49, and 61-key models provide an assignable switch jack for connecting a damper pedal. The 25-key model provides a sustain button that implements the damper function. On all models, you can use the octave buttons in conjunction with the key transpose function to play MIDI's entire range of notes.
The 37, 49, and 61-key models provide pitch bend and modulation wheels. The 25-key model provides a joystick that can also control pitch bend and modulation, as well as an arpeggiator function, giving you full control in spite of this model's space-saving dimensions, and providing a wealth of performance expression.
Lavish array of powerful music software bundled free of charge
The microKEY comes with a serious collection of powerful music software titles including popular special editions of KORG Gadget and KORG Module plus the KORG Legacy Collection offering five classic KORG instruments as plug-ins. With microKEY Air you won't have to purchase additional software; you can start creating music right away.
The sounds and functions are expanded if you use "Apps for iPad/iPhone" with microKEY Air.
- Keyboard: Natural Touch mini-keyboard
- microKEY Air-49: 49
- microKEY Air-25: Joystick, arpeggiator button, Sustain / TAP button, Octave Shift buttons
- microKEY Air-37/49/61: Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Octave Shift button
- Octave Shift
- microKEY Air-49/61: -3 – +3
- microKEY Air-37/49/61: Assignable switch jack, USB Type B (x1)
- Wireless Type:
- Bluetooth Low Energy (Apple Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI specification compliant)
- Power Supply
- Two AA batteries (when connected wirelessly; use alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries)
- USB bus power (when connected via USB)
- Power Consumption
- Less than 100mA
- Battery Life
- Approximately 30 hours (use alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- microKEY Air-49: 709 x 139 x 54 mm/27.91" x 5.47" x 2.13"
- Weight (without batteries)
- microKEY Air-49: 1.4 kg / 2.21 lbs.
- Included Items
- USB cable, KORG Software Bundle code
- Operating Requirements (wireless connection):
- Mac that supports Bluetooth 4.0 or later, and has OS X10.10
- Yosemite or later installed
- iPad/iPhone that Supports Bluetooth 4.0, and has iOS8 or later installed
- We plan to develop a Bluetooth MIDI driver for Windows, however we are unable to confirm a release date. We will make an announcement as soon as our plans are confirmed.
- Operating Requirements (USB connection):
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or later (32-bit / 64-bit)
- MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- iOS8 or later
Description$769.99 Add to cart
61-Key Music Production Synthesizer
Description$149.99 Add to cart
Analog Bass Machine
Description$64.95 Add to cart
2-in 2-out MIDI MultiVoltage Merger
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)