Classic sound meets modern power with the DM-101 Delay Machine, the ultimate analog delay. Driven by eight BBDs under smart CPU control, this inspiring pedal delivers 12 unique modes, stereo operation, and a wide array of tonal colors, all while maintaining 100 percent analog signal processing throughout. And with 127 user memories, tap tempo, carryover, MIDI, and more, the DM-101 brings you the features and versatility of an advanced digital pedalbut with the vibrant, characterful sound that's only possible with authentic analog BBD circuitry.
Analog delays based around BBD (bucket-brigade device) microchips emerged in the 1970s as a compact and cost-effective alternative to the standard tape delays of the era. Their warm, saturated, and highly musical sound established a distinctive style of delay that remains favored by many musicians and audio engineers. Leveraging modern CPU control, the DM-101 supercharges this classic effect with enhanced capabilities for today's music makers.
The DM-101 takes the analog delay where it's never gone before, providing access to cleaner sounds and extended delay times alongside traditional tones. To achieve this versatility, BOSS used eight 2048-stage BBDs instead of the more common 4096-stage BBD. By finely tuning the behavior of these smaller BBDs with targeted CPU control, BOSS can realize a far greater range of sound while retaining all the desirable analog characteristics that players love about their favorite BBD stomps.
The DM-101 flows effortlessly between gritty vintage echoes and modern analog delay tones with extended high-frequency clarity. Multiple internal circuit elements are switched to define each of the 12 modes, including the number of active BBDs and their connection order, low-pass filter settings, and clocking rates. Twisting the Variation knob cycles through parameters unique to the different modes. And you can always drive delays into saturated self-oscillation by cranking the Intensity knob.
A major benefit of the DM-101's CPU control is the ability to realize sophisticated stereo sounds not available with other BBD analog delays. For example, Pan mode routes each BBD and its feedback loop to alternate points in the stereo field, while Dual Mod shifts the modulation phase for each output to generate a wide, spacious delay effect. Six of the 12 modes support stereo operation, providing everything from short reverb-like sounds and expansive modulated delays to pattern delays for intense rhythmic effects.
The DM-101 offers all the creative benefits you expect from an advanced delay pedal. Tap tempo and note subdivisions are available with most modes, and there's carryover for maintaining repeats when the effect is bypassed. You can store and recall favorite setups with four onboard memories and connect up to two footswitches or an expression pedal for extended real-time control. MIDI I/O takes things further, providing remote access to 127 user memories, MIDI sync, and more. The audio outputs are set for blended operation by default, but they can be easily reconfigured for wet/dry rigs and wet-only parallel setups.
- Classic: Traditional warm analog delay sound extended with up to 1200 ms of delay time. Adjust the modulation behavior by cycling through triangle, sine, and more complex waveform shapes with the Variation knob.
- Vintage: Retro analog delay sound inspired by the iconic BOSS DM-2 Delay pedal introduced in 1981. Adjust the modulation behavior by cycling through triangle, sine, and more complex waveform shapes with the Variation knob.
- Modern: Uniquely clear analog delay sound with a distinctive high-end tone and up to 840 ms of delay time. Adjust the modulation behavior by cycling through triangle, sine, and more complex waveform shapes with the Variation knob.
- Multi-Head": Emulates a multi-head tape delay while imparting a uniquely analog BBD sound character. Use the Variation knob to cycle through 10 different head combinations.
- Non-Linear: A unique effect that produces consecutive short delays (35190 ms) that gradually increase in volume. The Variation knob allows you to control the delay times after the initial delay.
- Ambience: Simulates a small space. Change the size and early reflections with the Variation knob.
- Reflect: A stereo delay sound that produces a reverb-style effect. Adjust the pre-delay with the Variation knob.
- Doubling+Delay: A stereo effect that combines a doubled sound with a longer delay. Use the Variation knob to balance the two sounds across the stereo output.
- Wide: A stereo delay with offset left/right delay times for an expansive sound. Use the Variation knob to adjust the delay offset amount.
- Dual Mod: A stereo delay with different modulation phase settings on the left and right outputs. Use the Variation knob to adjust the phase amount (the phase is fully inverted at the maximum setting).
- Pan: A tapped stereo delay with different delay times distributed across the sound field. Use the Variation knob to fine-tune the delay time amounts.
- Pattern: Stereo delay with different rhythmic patterns. Use the Variation knob to choose from the 10 available pattern types.
- Delay Modes;
- REFLECT [STEREO]
- DOUBLING+DELAY [STEREO]
- WIDE [STEREO]
- DUAL MOD [STEREO]
- PAN [STEREO]
- PATTERN [STEREO]
- ON/OFF switch
- MEMORY switch
- TAP switch
- MOD RATE knob
- MOD DEPTH knob
- VARIATION knob
- MODE knob
- DELAY TIME knob
- INTENSITY knob
- DELAY VOLUME knob
- MEMORY button
- TAP DIVISION button
- AC adaptor
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Rubber foot x 4
Item # 87119
Description$419.99 View Details
Space Echo Effects Pedal
Item # 87118
Description$259.99 View Details
Space Echo Effects Pedal
Item # 81574
Description$234.99 View Details
Large Effects Board Moulded Case w/ Junction Box Customisable to Fit up-to Ten Pedals
Item # 71709
Description$174.99 View Details
Waza Craft Classic Delay Pedal
Item # 76521
Description$141.99 View Details
Low Profile Power Brick w Switching Power Supply Technology
Item # 11161
Description$29.99 View Details
Boss AC Power Adaptor
Item # 81299
Description$23.99 View Details
5 foot TRS Mini / MIDI Cable
Item # 65547
Description$9.99 View Details
Electric Guitar Strings 10-13-17-26-36-46