Taking advantage of the extra large LCD, the LMA-120 provides a unique Korg tempo display method --- a newly-developed "Conducting Motion" display in which three bars move in a way similar to a conductor's baton. This is a revolutionary new method of indicating the tempo, in which accelerating motion lets you feel the tempo in a natural musical way. Normally, you keep tempo by listening to the metronome, but the LMA-120 provides a large Conducting Motion Display to visually show the tempo as well.
Alternatively, you can use an L/R movement display in which the meter moves left and right like a conventional metronome, or you can use the L/R movement simultaneously with the conducting motion display, giving you three display modes to choose from.
By combining ten types of beats (0-9) and six types of rhythms (quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets, triplets with the middle note omitted, quadruplets, and quadruplets with the middle notes omitted), you can set up rhythms suitable for practicing a wide range of songs and styles.
In addition, the tempo can be specified in one of three ways. You can use "Full Step" mode to adjust the tempo in a range of 30 to 252 (in increments of 1 BPM), "Pendulum Step" mode to set the tempo to the same values available on a mechanical metronome, or repeatedly press the TAP switch in time with the desired tempo.
The built-in Timer/Stopwatch function lets you measure extended intervals as long as 99 minutes, a convenient feature for your practice sessions.
Sound Out mode generates a reference tone to which you can tune your instrument. The LMA-120 can produce a reference tone in a one-octave range of C4--C5. The A4 reference frequency (calibration) can also be adjusted in a broad range from 410 Hz to 480 Hz.
The flip top design allows for an extra large display as well as a spacious opening for the internal speaker, ensuring clarity and ample volume. The function select keys are positioned for easy use, allowing quick access to the desired function. A 1/8" headphone jack is also provided, so you can connect a set of mini-plug headphones for silent practice.
The flip top design also allows you to close the unit, protecting the LCD and making the unit compact for easy transportation. Closing the lid also shuts off the power automatically to preserve battery life.
When it is powered-off, the LMA-120's memory backup function preserves the tempo, beat, calibration, and reference pitch settings you specified. These settings are remembered even when you replace the batteries.
- Display Settings: Conducting display, Left/right motion display
- Tempo Range: 30 to 252 beats per minute in quarter notes
- Tempo Settings: PENDULUM step, FULL step
- Beats: 0-9 beats
- Rhythms: quarter, eighth, triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, quadruplets, quadruplets with inner beat omitted
- Tempo Accuracy: Better than ±0.1 %
- Reference Tone: C4 (261.63 Hz) to C5 (523.25 Hz) One octave
- Calibration Range: A4 = 410 Hz to 480 Hz (1 Hz step)
- Sound Accuracy: Better than ±1.5 cents
- Connections: Headphones (1/8" mini), DC IN (9V)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (ø23 mm)
- Power Supply: Two AAA alkaline batteries (3V) or AC adapter
- Battery Life: Approximately 90 hours (when metronome is operating with alkaline batteries, tempo = 120, beat = 4, rhythm = quarter note, and back-light is off)
- Dimensions: 3.98" (W) x 3.31" (D) x 0.81" (H) (folded)
- Weight: 5.22 oz. (including batteries)
- Included Items: Two AAA batteries for checking operation and soft case
Description$219.99 Add to cart
50-watt Combo Guitar Amplifier w/ 12 inch Custom Speaker
Description$189.00 Add to cart
Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones
Description$79.99 Add to cart
Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Folding Instrument Stand - Fits in Case
Description$25.00 Add to cart
Gift Certificate (may be purchased in multiple amounts)
Description$24.99 Add to cart
15 Foot Instrument Cable
Description$24.95 Add to cart
Right Angle to Straight Instrument Cable