ne of the most famous tube microphones in the history of recording was the legendary AKG C 12. In spite of vast changes in microphone engineering, these microphones in good condition are still very much sought after and extremely expensive. Therefore, studio engineers vigorously demanded a rerun.
The C 12 VR is an exact replica of the original C 12, from the cap-sule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube. The only difference is that its self noise and some components were optimized to meet the current state of the art. No less than nine remotely selectable polar patterns, the legendary large-diaphragm capsule, and an original 6072A vacuum tube provide a sound that is simply beyond words.
The C 12 VR comes complete with an aluminum carrying case, power supply, cable, windscreen, and spider type shock mount.
- Recreates the legendary C 12 tube microphone
- Nine remotely selectable polar patterns from omnidirectional to figure-eight
- Complete with many useful acces-sories and aluminum carrying case
- Polar pattern: cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-eight, and 6 intermediate positions, remotely selectable
- Frequency range: 30 to 20,000 Hz
- Max. SPL: 128/138/148 db (k=3%)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4): 32 db
- Equivalent noise level: 22 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 72 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 10 dB, 20 dB, selectable
- Bass filter: 6 dB/octave at 100 Hz,
- 12 dB/octave at 130 Hz
- Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Connector: 12-pin DIN
- Cable: 10 m (33 ft.)
- Net weight: 680 g / 24 oz.
- Shipping weight: 4.5 kg / 9.9 lbs.
Description$1,795.00 Add to cart
2-Channel Compressor / Limiter (horizontal)
Description$1,725.00 Add to cart
Duo Mic Pre (horizontal)
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Advanced 4x4 USB 2.0 Recording System
Description$229.95 Add to cart
2-Channel Mic/Instrument Tube Preamp
Description$24.95 Add to cart
25 Ft Pro Roadhog Mic Cable NTK - XLR
Description$19.95 Add to cart
High-quality microphone cable