A giant has returned to life. Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module - is back for the first time as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE® technology.
Faithfully reproducing the warm Oberheim SEM tone, the Oberheim SEM V is also polyphonic, with a full array of innovative sonic features.
Favored by top artists and producers such as Goldfrapp, Herbie Hancock and even John Carpenter for its fatness and unique harmonic spectrum, the Oberheim sound is an absolute must have for your studio.
The original SEM has particular characteristics for which it was loved by many musicians to this day. The Arturia SEM V brings back the sound and special characteristics in an accurate virtual emulation.
The SEM V modules were entirely redesigned after the most recent evolutions in TAE®, Arturia's proprietary technology that recreates analog modules after their detailed electronic circuitry.
The result of this lengthy project is a faithful virtual instrument that delivers the same acoustic properties as the original.
Like all components of the SEM V, the two oscillators were recreated by respecting 100% of the properties of the original circuit. They replicate the exact sawtooth and variable-width pulse waveforms present in the original.
On a control level, the SEM V interface also duplicates the behavior of the dual-concentric knobs for coarse and fine-tuning, this last parameter being easily accessible via right-click.
The 12dB/octave multimode filter is one of the most remarkable modules in the SEM.
In many ways, it helped define the sonic identity of Oberheim because it shaped a diverse range of sounds that were almost impossible to get on other synthesizers.
The SEM V carefully models the four modes of the filter (low-pass, high-pass, notch and band-pass) with attention to detail, meaning that you can either switch to bandpass or sweep through the other three modes by turning the knob clockwise.
ADS Envelopes and Modulations:
The particular response of the ADS envelopes is accurately reproduced, as well as the VCF Mixer, Modulation knobs and switches, allowing you to nail any of the classic SEM tones.
MPN 210308 5 5
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM : two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators.
- Added functionalities : New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, on board effects (overdrive, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento.
- Polyphony and 8 Voice Multitimbrality
- New 8 Voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- Compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/Seven 32 bit and 64 bit), Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel only)
Description$599.00 Add to cart
Eight Premium Mic Preamp Pro USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Description$499.99 Add to cart
Advanced 49-key USB MIDI Controller
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Advanced 4x4 USB 2.0 Recording System
Description$299.00 Add to cart
25 note Pure Analog Synthesizer
Description$199.99 Add to cart
10-Channel Stereo Mixing Console with Effects and USB
Description$169.00 Add to cart
Professional Monitor Headphones